Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
silvia_kid_982
AF Newbie

best options for a ka24e-t and maybe "24de" head???

hey guys im kinda new to turboing and at one point i had a 95 "ka24det" 240. (great car) but now im working on my new project, sohc 89 240sx engine and dont know to much about the sohc's and im planing on turboing it. i was wondering if any one knew of any straight up reliable some wat cheap full kits, Or a good custom setups to run at stock internals. my engine has about 80k and runs great. and yeah i know theres tons of kits for the "24de" years pretty much 91-1998 but i was wondering also i was told i could maybe put "24de"(dual cam) head on my 89 block to run it and put a "24de" turbo kit on it. Is that true or even possible??
silvia_kid_982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: best options for a ka24e-t and maybe "24de" head???

no. the heads are not interchangeable at all. different timing chain setups. i dont know of any complete complete kits for the sohc motor but JGS precision(JGStools.com) sells a basic kit, including turbo, mani, DP, WG, ect. basically all the exhaust side stuff. if your running stock internals i might recommend using a smaller turbo than what comes in their kit, just because you want to be careful not to pop your headgasket or something. in that case they do sell each part individually, so you could get the manifold and downpipe, then get your own turbo (a small t3 based or large t2 based should be plenty).

let me know if you gots more q's

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #3
usar89b
AF Newbie

Just a question, what happened to you 95 det 240? Something like that you don't get rid of.

I believe the heads are interchangeable, but you would have to do so much to make it work, you might as well just find a complete kade with ps, ac, ecu, maf, and harness.

Nissan wouldn't call both motors a KA if the blocks weren't the same!

disclaimer: don't believe anything I say, I'm still a noob. JK
Old 04-18-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

like i said the timing setups are way different. the dohc motor has 2 timing chains. the blocks are similar except for everything under the timing cover is different, and the timing cover is itself different. the dizzy is different. the sohc oil pump is connected to the dizzy, whereas the dohc oil pump rotates on the end of the crank under the timing cover. theres too much that needs to be changed for the head swap to work.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #5
usar89b
AF Newbie

I fully agree with slideways. I still think you would be best to go find a kade and so the swap. I found one from a 93 at pick n pull for $180, with everything that attaches to the motor, alt. ps pump, ac compressor, etc. etc.

A rebuild kit is only around $400, a bit more if you want forged internals.

Good luck on your hunting...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX