Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 09:02 PM   #16
TargaBoy
AF Newbie

Re: too much washing/waxing?

Hello Everyone I am a professional detailer and during the past years I have been helping people to take care of their vehicles properly I know swirls are a big problem for all of us but there are ways to minimize swirl marks on your car and keep them almost show room finish.

I am not sure if its ok to say brand names but I use one that is not very well known but honestly that is the least concern I use it on high end vehicles and daily driver vehicles and it performs just the same great quality, anyways Ill post on how this products have saved my paint from swirl marks

The brand is Toro Wax and the rest of their products
TargaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:27 AM   #17
theautonut
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaBoy View Post
Hello Everyone I am a professional detailer and during the past years I have been helping people to take care of their vehicles properly I know swirls are a big problem for all of us but there are ways to minimize swirl marks on your car and keep them almost show room finish.
Some tips to avoid swirl marks from you would be nice. I have a pearl white car. What is the best way to see the swirls on it? They do appear during harsh sunlight but in my garage under the white tube lights it is very difficult to see them.
theautonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:38 AM   #18
TargaBoy
AF Newbie

theautonut I recommend to avoid using dirty towels, avoid using too much pressure when touching your vehicle example when you are scrubbing the car while washing and also when you are drying I'll tell you my favorite products for maintenance

Soap Toro Rosato
Spray detail Toro Detail

both products will help you prevent swirl marks because the way they both perform follow these simple steps

Wash with Toro Rosato mix 5 gallons of water and 1 oz of product (Do not use pressure when scrubbing the vehicle this is when you can get swirls)

After you rinse the vehicle while the vehicle is wet spray Toro Detail since this product contains sealant it will help you to lubricate the paint when you start drying the vehicle this is another key when it comes to prevent swirls not only that but this is a win win case minimize swirls and make the paint work shine like crazy not to mention you leave a film of smooth paint protection.

Anyways these are quick and simple steps you can follow to prevent and minimize swirls on your car.

Hope this is valuable information for you and for the people trying to fight swirl marks on their cars.

The following page is where I get my products USA made products www.torowax.com

If you have more questions or if I forgot to mention something please let me know
TargaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:41 PM   #19
military
AF Newbie

Please be aware that auto cleaning detergent is simply a surfactant. It simply breaks the bond between the dirt and the surface. It's the water that removes the dirt. The single most important element in maintaining a clean and shiny finish is to use plenty of water. Other important elements are clean soft rags (preferably cotton), a light touch (do NOT scrub) except in unusual situations, and then only modestly), and rinsing the surface as well as possible before touching it with the cleaning rag.

Remember also that the simple act of driving introduces miniscule surface scratches no matter what you try. A good wax like Maguire's with carnauba wax will also help greatly, primarily in creating a conformal coating over the paint and also in preventing the loss of the paint's oils.

IMHO waxing the car every week is doing more to introduce microscopic scratches than to protect your finish. I recommend not waxing with today's products more than four times a year, depending on your climate. Every good wax on the market today will last at least four months in any climate.

By the way, the flex agent used in the paint on your plastic bumper covers will cause the clear coat (if you have it) or the paint to begin to deteriorate after about ten years unless your car stays garaged 27-7 no matter what you do. My current car is over 13 years old, maintained extremely well, and I can see close up deterioration on the clearcoat of the bumper covers. It cannot be avoided.

My qualifications? Besides being a retired engineer, I've been keeping cars looking good for over a half a century. I'm going to try to attach a photo of my current car, if the site will let me. Here goes:
Well, the software says the file is too large. Sorry.
military is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:46 PM   #20
pob8532
AF Newbie

Actually, I found that a good, soft cloth car wash is good for dark color cars. Take it to a coin op and do it yourself. Lots of soap and water, which is key. There is little, if any scratching. I seldom use cleaner waxes as I believe they do scratch. I polish the cars, light and dark, at least once a month. I also the spray cleaners in between, but only on sections that birds bombard or in back of wheel wells.
Also use a "blade" if you wash it yourself. It takes the water off and does not scratch, if you polish.
pob8532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:36 AM   #21
Cody B
AF Newbie

Alternative for Car Waxing

I'm not a car expert, but too much waxing is actually a bit excessive as that would in most cases develop scratches and swirls. Instead you can go for Spray Bottle and Microfiber Cloth Method. There are many products available in market, but I personally prefer TopCoat F11. It hides micro-scratches & swirl marks more effectively, is longer lasting, more durable, and is easier to use on glass.No unsightly white wax residue left behind! Just spray on, rub it in and buff it. Shines like new.
Cody B is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General