Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Canyon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
petermar
AF Newbie

Front end alignment and OEM shock

In February of 2006, I purchased a Canyon SLE extended cab with 24,300 mile on the odometer. The original stock tires were absolutely useless on wet pavement or in 2+ inches of snow (even witrh Traction Control and locking differential). I also had trouble with inside wear on the front tires even though I had the front end aligned and rotated regularly. At 50,000 miles, in a snowstorm, I relaced the stock tires with Goodyear Wranglers. What a difference in snow. While the tires were being out on , the tech called me over to show me a couple of shocks that were leaking and were rather weak. At that tiome, AutoZone had a sale on Monroe shocks, so I purchased a set of Monroe Reflex truck shocks and installed them myself. What another difference. The truck rides a little rougher, but it is well worth it. Plus, I haven't had a problem with front tire wear since. The
aggrevating thing was the OEM shocks. They were made in Thailand and looked like they were for a GEO Prism. The dust covers were plastic and were cracked. Actually, all 4 were leaking and could be played like an accordian. This is just for FYI if you are having front end problems. I will also put a post on the Colorado site.
petermar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to petermar For This Useful Post:
Damasyn (04-27-2014)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Canyon