Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 11:05 PM   #1
NoRiceHere01
AF Regular

dual exhaust question

i was just lookin for some ideas here cuz i know from ur sigs that a number of u have done this. im gonna split my trucks exhaust to true duals and have (hopefully) everything i need. my question is where is the easiest (or at least not as difficult) place to actually split the pipes? these car companies r gettin better and better at keepin me from makin my custom exhausts lately. anyway, how and where did u guys split urs? obviously it can be done, i must just be missing somethin obvious. o and in case u somehow dont see the pic below this, its an 01 2WD.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:18 AM   #2
99redsilverado
AF Enthusiast

Re: dual exhaust question

right before it merges on the Y pipe... the way i did mine....or you couls pull the y pipe and build your own from there....

'99 Silverado 4 x 4
bunch of goodies
99redsilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:51 AM   #3
93mx6lsv6
AF Newbie

I had mine ran from each cat, right after that cat before it merges into one pipe... I had each pipe cut before the Y and a single pipe from each cat ran out the back with no mufflers.
-32x11.50 BFG All Terrains
93mx6lsv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:31 PM   #4
NoRiceHere01
AF Regular

Re: dual exhaust question

thanks guys thats how i did it. turned out to be easier than it looked at first. few feet of pipe and 2 old school Thrush Turbos. id like a little more noise at idle but as soon as u get on it it sounds nice. the only problem wit the whole day was the 48 in a 35 ticket i got as soon as i finished. i just cant win. our cops got nuthin better to do here. we desperately need some crime in this town man.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado