Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #1
gulfclk
AF Regular

Porsche 908 - 910 - 917 3D

Im building a 1/43rd scale Porsche 908/2 (Provence moulage kit) and opened already the doors, the front part to show the chassis, ... but I would like to display it with an open engine hood as well.

I'm looking however for 3D data of a Porsche 908 engine (or 910, 917, ...), but that seems impossible to find. Does anyone know where to find this?
Old 11-30-2015, 06:04 PM   #2
ianc911
AF Enthusiast

Re: Porsche 908 - 910 - 917 3D

I don't know where to find 3D data apart from blueprints that might be published in various specialty books. There is a modeler here named Scratchbuilt who has (as the name implies) scratchbuilt very very detailed large scale models of the 908 and 917. He may be able to help.

I hope you'll post pics of your progress here; I'd love to see them. Good luck,

ianc
ianc911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #3
ScratchBuilt
AF Enthusiast

Hi Gulfclk - I don't have any 3D data on the 908's engine, but I'll dig through my notes at the weekend and PM whatever I can. From memory, the best drawings were in 'White Racers From Zuffenhausen' and 'Excellence Was Expected'.

The Pelican Parts website had plenty of photos of a 908 engine (and 917) that was auctioned several years ago - I don't know if these are still around online...

Good luck doing all this in 1/43 though - it was hard enough in 1/8!

SB
ScratchBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:38 AM   #4
jaykay640
AF Enthusiast

The pictures on Pelican Parts are still around:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/vasekauc.../med/ulthm.htm

I'd be interested in a 1/43 908 engine too, for a similar project based on the Provence Moulage 908/1 Targa Florio Spyder. Maybe we could team up, but building that data will take time.
On the other hand, if you're in no rush, you might just wait until Hiro releases a 908/3 in 1/43 :-)
jaykay640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:02 AM   #5
gionc
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via Skype™ to gionc

Guys, years before Hiro announcment of the 24 908/3 I draft it on SW, I started with a curbside intention, and quickly I messed up it working on the frame.... and the next was the engine, I didn't created the engine in the Hiro full detail style, I wanted just to have a good block with heads detail and gearbox to use on the curbside model (but you know... this stuff is ass-less LOL... so you see almost all from back)

let me check in my old PC (I'm lately working on the mac with W7 and it's...... verrrrrrry quick...) and I'll show you what I have done, for sure it's not complete but may be a base to work with.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:38 AM   #6
gulfclk
AF Regular

Hi Gio,

a base would be more than enough!

Thanks,

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gionc View Post
Guys, years before Hiro announcment of the 24 908/3 I draft it on SW, I started with a curbside intention, and quickly I messed up it working on the frame.... and the next was the engine, I didn't created the engine in the Hiro full detail style, I wanted just to have a good block with heads detail and gearbox to use on the curbside model (but you know... this stuff is ass-less LOL... so you see almost all from back)

let me check in my old PC (I'm lately working on the mac with W7 and it's...... verrrrrrry quick...) and I'll show you what I have done, for sure it's not complete but may be a base to work with.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #7
gionc
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via Skype™ to gionc

I have bad news. Before to switch on the mac I changed 3 HP PC in a range of 7-8 years, the last one is still working, and I registered a good number of crash and system reintallations, BTW I've got my backups.... dozen of messed up backups.This work is old and in the last days I was able to find a couple backups of the 908/3 job. Unfortunately it is a early stage without engine: i discovered that I titled with the same name the folder of the 3d job and the folder of the references.... this caused that any time i done a backup the PC overwrote the one or the other.... obviously it ask me any time..... but any time I guess I pressed the yes button... Pretty annoying: Not a problem to me since I discarded this job years ago and used it as practice. Following a couple images of what I still have, only partial front sunpensions and no back sunspensions, no engine base.... I never started a job on the interiors but I have to say it is the less strong area to work with.

Actually I have to check one only drive: a 1Tb drive when I stored a complete backup, this is not an external drive but a multi-media drive for the TV to register programs ecc, right now I can't find around the cable to connect a mac or pc, ASAP I'll check if a late stage was stored there, hopefully, but I have no much hopes, I'll back ASAp with news.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling