Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
masapell
AF Regular

Panic Stop!!!

I thought that I would pose this to anyone who might be a brake guru. I had a situation a few weeks ago that required me to lay on my brakes with a ton of force during a panic stop. The brakes worked superbly!! Well, for the past several weeks it feels like I have lost a slight bit of stopping power. I have done a visual inspection and everything seems to be normal. The brake fluid is really dark, so I do need to get that flushed, but the level is fine and has not changed. The pads all look like they are fine also. We did have a large rain event here a few days later and I had to drive through a foot of water. So, am I imagining things, or could I have done damage by thrusting my huge, masculine leg to the floor board with all my might!!!

Matt
Old 04-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #2
JCL82
AF Regular

Re: Panic Stop!!!

Maybe your brake pads are smooth ? Also was it raining or wet outside when you had to use the brakes ? maybe you warp something because it got so hot then it cool quickly. Just pulling stuff outa my ass ...
JCL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #3
masapell
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL82
Maybe your brake pads are smooth ? Also was it raining or wet outside when you had to use the brakes ? maybe you warp something because it got so hot then it cool quickly. Just pulling stuff outa my ass ...
On the day that it happened, it was clear outside, no rain. I have not felt any pulsation at all, so I am thinking that things should be smooth, maybe too smooth?
Old 04-06-2006, 01:19 PM   #4
silverado122775
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by masapell
On the day that it happened, it was clear outside, no rain. I have not felt any pulsation at all, so I am thinking that things should be smooth, maybe too smooth?

GM Trucks never really had the best braking system.. when they are new.. they are ok. but after using them a while they tend to be abit sluggish.

2000 Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N GenII Air Intake, Y-pipe Exhaust (no muffler), Bosch Platnium +4 plugs, 242k miles and still running.
silverado122775 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado