Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat
JDM Motor & Parts info/chat Discussions on Mugen, Spoon etc. Plus, info on motor swaps (b18 's, b16's h22's etc) and other JDM info!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
Crazy667
AF Newbie

Exclamation 2009 civic engine in a 95

I know a guy who is claiming that he has a 95 civic with a 2009 civic engine witha six speed manual...now i dont know much about hondas but my question is if anyone knows the possibility of someone doing this and approximation of what is would cost. Thanks in advance.
Crazy667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #2
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Re: 2009 civic engine in a 95

It can, and has been done, but it is not a cheap or an easy swap.

You need a fairly high level of engineering knowledge, skill and tools to make it work as the K20 is in no way compatible with anything in an EG or EK so everything has to be custom made, mounts, linkages, the lot.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
Crazy667
AF Newbie

well this is a redneck from iowa that gets high for a living so i was just wondering if was with in his capabilities...obviously its not lol
Crazy667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:00 AM   #4
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy667 View Post
I know a guy who is claiming that he has a 95 civic with a 2009 civic engine witha six speed manual...now i dont know much about hondas but my question is if anyone knows the possibility of someone doing this and approximation of what is would cost. Thanks in advance.
That's easy stuff, especially for a shop to do. A LOT of parts are made nowdays for K-series swaps into EG and EK chassis civics.

What you are talking about is a K-series swap into an EG. The K-series w/ a 6 speed has been out since the RSX Type-S was first introduced circa 2002, hasport followed with mounts a year or two later. Now a K-series in an EG or EK is pretty common. You can buy the mounts and lots of other required parts nowdays, so there is a lot less custom fab involved than there was 6+ years ago.

The Acura RSX comes with a K-series (K20A3 for 2002-2004, K20Z1 in 2005-2006), though it's a toned down version. The 2002-2005 Si hatchback came with the K20A3. The RSX Type-S had a good, hopped up K series with a 6 speed (K20A2). It put down 200hp, whereas the K20A3 put down 160hp. The 2006-2010 Civic Si has a K20Z3 with a factory LSD in the transmission.

The newer CRV came with a K24A1 ( K24Z6 for 2010+ CRV), and the Acura TSX came with a K24A2 also came with K-Series motors (The CRV had a K24). Some guys will stick a K20 head on a K24 block (some idea as an CR/Vtec from back in the day).

To swap a K-series with 6 speed into an EG will probably run in the $7,000-8,000 range if you are paying a shop to do it (which I'd recommend if you haven't any engine swapping experience). A K-series swap is harder for the DIY type person than a B series swap is.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:29 PM   #5
jasonnastley
AF Newbie

It is possible but it is exorbitantly expensive !
jasonnastley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:12 PM   #6
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy667 View Post
well this is a redneck from iowa that gets high for a living so i was just wondering if was with in his capabilities...obviously its not lol
Yeah, a redneck who gets high for a living would never take on a swap so ambitious and expensive. It can be done, but it's very difficult and requires a lot of customization to make it work.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
1995 , 2009 , civic , engine , swap
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat