Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Equinox
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #16
rcweston
AF Regular

Re: Service air bag signal

Thanks for the info. time to get down to a thorough diagnostic and repair.

Last edited by rcweston; 09-12-2017 at 10:34 AM. Reason: correction
rcweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:08 PM   #17
rcweston
AF Regular

Re: Service air bag signal

Results: End of experience for now.
After everything that I have learned form this forum and others, a large majority of the air bag system is located under the drivers seat. The many cables to all the air bags and sensors end up there. therefor many connector are under the seat.
the service bulletin indicates one that needs replacing for one reason or another, also indicating it is under the seat.
a passenger in the back tends to put a foot direct on top of one of these connectors, even though they are bright yellow, this one is on the floor and right were you would put a foot, especially if you have a big foot, or a very nervous kid in the back.(I very seldom have anyone back there). I would shutter to think what would happen if someone put there foot under the seat and pried up on the bottom of the seat. There is so much under there to destroy! very bad placement of such a critical item!
I moved each connector so very slightly while watching the seat belt and air bag light. nothing happened. moved the seat belt connectors the same, nothing happened. was ready to give up when I found a cable that went up the outside of the seat back. (door side of seat back). I moved it ever so slightly and the lights turned off. tried to get them back on again, but no go! it must go to a sensor or an activator somewhere up the seat.
It has been about a month now and no further trouble. I hope it stays that way until I get home were I have tools available to do deeper checking.
thanks for all your efforts and help.
rcweston is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
air , bags , restraints
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Equinox