Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Vigor
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 05:58 PM   #16
CrazyFukr2k3
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to CrazyFukr2k3
my girlfriend has a vigor, it has plenty of space on the inside, we were above to have sex in the back seat and im 6'6"

i drive a 91 integra gs and i have plenty of room, as long as the seat is all the way back and all the way leaned back, i look thug as fuck but it works
Old 03-11-2003, 02:52 PM   #17
lippin_lee
AF Newbie

I have one! 1990 Honda Vigor, 2L, 5cyl auto. Only just bought it, so im new to the whole thing. Got some neat acceleration though

If anyone knows any sites with info for vigors specifically please post, and if you know of a manual that'd be good too.

cheers
lippin_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 08:49 AM   #18
blursx
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to blursx
ahhh... the good old vigor... I used to have one, it was a 92 GS... white... that was my first car. Pretty good, until my parents started regretting it, (not taking it for tune-ups, oil changes) and it wasn't my job.. I was just learning to drive. It wasn't MY car.

Anywho... my friends and I where driving up north to go snowboarding, my oil light was one.. so we pulled over put some oil and still the light was on... to make a long story short, after our wonderful day the ride home sucked. Engine gave out and we had to push the friggin' thing to a parking lot and get it towed.
Turns out that the oil line froze, and no oil was going to the engine so that made one of the 5 cylinders go out.

Poor Vigor... we eventually got a used 5 cylinder engine for it and sold the car to my uncle for 3 grand.

Then I got an RSX-S. :smoker2:
GReddy Evo Exhaust System
Konig 18 x 7.5 Blatant in Opal
~~Next MODS~~
Rubber!!! Kumho Ecsta Supras (225/40/18)
Springs –> Progress

blursx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 12:32 AM   #19
sfenton311
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to sfenton311 Send a message via MSN to sfenton311 Send a message via Yahoo to sfenton311
I know this thread is pretty old. I was just lookin around, and since I own one I thought i would throw in my 2 cents. I have a 92 GS, the luxury model, yes it is an inline 5, very decent looking car. Not much different from legends (except 2dr), they are not very sporty, they have the usual high redline of an acura. Mine has 175k and is still running fine. I paid 3200 for it straight up from a second owner. It was taken care of, there is natural wear on the interior, as will any older leather it has a few cracks in the front seats primarily driver. and the left side of the seat is rather torn up. small rust spot on back left fender and under the VIGOR on back. I really don't mind the car. Havn't had it long. it looks fairly nice. I feel like an old man :smoka:
sfenton311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 07:02 PM   #20
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
I go to California University, and I saw a REALLY nice looking Vigor on campus. I've always been intruiged by the 5 cylinder engine. Never got to drive one, though. I'm hoping that Vigor is going to be at Carlisle Custom Compact Jam b/c it looked AMAZING considering that they haven't been manufactured in quite a few years.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 02:05 AM   #21
shawnhu
AF Newbie

Those of you that own Vigors, should definately check out http://acuravigorclub.com

If you do not own one, or have not driven one, then I feel sorry for you.
shawnhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 06:04 AM   #22
dnastyboy1
AF Newbie

It's www.acuravigorclub.com, I am a member there and here's a link to Akiya's Honda Vigor equipped with hydraulics and stuff. BTW he's from Japan. http://www.globetown.net/~akiya/index_e.html

Anthony
dnastyboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:44 PM   #23
jackacc
AF Enthusiast

Vigor is my dream car....except for the 6 speed legend gs which is virtually impossible to find nowadays... Vigor is a good mix between the legend and the teg. They are quick, come in stick, and are less than the legends... drawback=parts hard to get... But you can bet you will probably be the only guy in town with a vigor....unique.... I have had legends, accords, preludes, civics, all except the vigor... need that notch in my belt....
jackacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 01:12 AM   #24
sexygirl
AF Newbie

I have a 92 vigor

I need some advice on what type of stuff I should do to my vigor. Any one have any sugestions pm me or email me.
sexygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 01:22 PM   #25
sfenton311
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to sfenton311 Send a message via MSN to sfenton311 Send a message via Yahoo to sfenton311
What you should do to your Vigor

I have heard of people attempting to modify the Vigor, but for the most part you are going to be stuck on your own with those modifications. No one makes an intake, although a few guys have created their own cold air, it was ALOT of work but they did do it. Exhaust would be about the only other thing I can think of, and of course you could get one at just about any muffler shop, or performance shop. Engine wise your screwed. Its a 5 cyl. and honda only made around 30k or 32k of them.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:36 PM   #26
sexygirl
AF Newbie

I just put an intake on my car today but for the other things like u said im stumped.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:47 PM   #27
sfenton311
AF Regular

who makes an intake for it? (just curious as I didn't know one was made)
Old 08-27-2003, 08:11 PM   #28
sexygirl
AF Newbie

my boyfriend made our own cold intake for my car
Old 09-11-2003, 04:23 AM   #29
NSXN8
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to NSXN8
sexygirl,

This site should help you out:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/vigormods/
NSXN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 09:11 PM   #30
filmpunk18
AF Newbie

HEHE....thanks NSXN8 for linking my vigormods club.... never would have expected to just run across a link to it. I've got a 1994 Vigor GS, haven't really had the chance to start working on it yet, but i have found out alot as far as what you can do to it....which compared to say civics...is practically nothing. HOWEVER.... It is possible to fabricate a short ram or cold air intake for it, there are a few DIY's i've found that teach you how to do it. As someone mentioned before you can also get an exhaust custom made at a local shop...i was quoted $300 for this. Umm lets see.... 1990-1997 Accord Coilovers will fit the vigor however you have to get a camber kit.... BUT since the accord coilovers will work on the vigor this allows you to get Teins...which is what i will probably end up doing. There is also a carbon fiber hood available for it for $500 there are probably a few places that sell it...one place i know off the top of my head is www.bodykits.com You can do a fair amount to the car...unfortunately alot of it is custom work and therefore pretty expensive ($700 for JDM headlights for example). But since it is a rare car even the aftermarket stuff available for it is exensive. I'm happy with the possibilities for this car.... I don't really need much more power (the car is fast enough for me as it is), the main thing i'm concerned with is the cosmetic aspect. I have a friend who lives in Houston with a 93 GS who runs high 13s. He had an intake, exhaust, hi flow cat, chip reprogrammed and a 50 shot of NOS (and he was running 13s on some 18" heavy chrome rims .) So as you can see... its not really fast, but its pretty damn quick. When i started the vigormods club i was thinking of custom turbo ect, but i don't think i'm going to go that direction anymore. which is why i haven't really kept updating...but i'll try to update it soon. Anyway...if i think of anything else or findsomething i think you guys (and girls) might find useful i'll post it.....either here or at vigormods.

BTW...BODY KITS.....good luck. As far as sleek and clean..all i can find is the JPS Vanity body kit... The combat bomb kit is decent but i didn't care for the aggressive front lip (Its meant to be a "luxury" car not a race car) There are a few out there (maybe like 6 at the most), but those two i mentioned were really the only two i thought kept and improved the style of the car.
filmpunk18 is offline   Reply With Quote