Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
cficare68
AF Enthusiast

01 GT losing power. Help me

Ok I have an 01 GT that has about 36650 miles on it. Today I was driving home and decided to get on it a little bit. Started off doing fine. Then right around 4300rpm it felt like it had a major drop in power. I only did it up to third gear but I could tell that it was feeling like it was losing power at around 4300 rpm is all 3 of the gears. I was just wondering what could be the possible cause of this problem. Any suggestions would be helpful. I tried to search this topic and did not come up with anything on it. So if i missed something please let me know.
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Debagged, 18" MKW Rims, 5% Tint, Ralliart Eyelids, Outlaw Racing IM and TB Spacers, Ingals "Stiffy", Energy Suspension Polyurethane Motor Mounts, Tanabe Lower Tie/Strut Bars, Progress Rear/Eibach Front Sway Bar, D2 Racing Lowering Springs, RRE Headers and Axelback, AEM CAI w/ Bypass, 12000k HID Heads, 3000k HID Fogs, Sunroof Wind Visor, Drilled/Slotted Front/Rear Rotors, and Ceramic Brake Pads.
cficare68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:13 AM   #2
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Re: 01 GT losing power. Help me

do you still have the stock intake?
eclipsed4utoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 01:06 PM   #3
rubix777
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rubix777
maybe run some fuel injector cleaner
rubix777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 01:13 PM   #4
cficare68
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 01 GT losing power. Help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsed4utoo
do you still have the stock intake?

Yeah I still have the stock intake on it.
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Debagged, 18" MKW Rims, 5% Tint, Ralliart Eyelids, Outlaw Racing IM and TB Spacers, Ingals "Stiffy", Energy Suspension Polyurethane Motor Mounts, Tanabe Lower Tie/Strut Bars, Progress Rear/Eibach Front Sway Bar, D2 Racing Lowering Springs, RRE Headers and Axelback, AEM CAI w/ Bypass, 12000k HID Heads, 3000k HID Fogs, Sunroof Wind Visor, Drilled/Slotted Front/Rear Rotors, and Ceramic Brake Pads.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:38 PM   #5
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Re: 01 GT losing power. Help me

this is a very common problem.... check to make sure that you have both of these rivets in you stock intake.(they are not in mine b/c i have an aftermarket intake). you should have one in each of these holes.

eclipsed4utoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:58 PM   #6
cficare68
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 01 GT losing power. Help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsed4utoo
this is a very common problem.... check to make sure that you have both of these rivets in you stock intake.(they are not in mine b/c i have an aftermarket intake). you should have one in each of these holes.

Yeah that is it they are missing off the that also might explain why it was acting normal today. I'll try to pick up some replacements for it and see if that works thanks

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+