Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 03:23 PM   #1
csibe5
AF Newbie

Question How to program my keyless entry??

Please help me! I am looking for information of how to program my keyless entry to my car. I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS. I just bought a new remote for it but I can not program it. I've been looking all over the internet for information and it seems like I can find the programming guides to all the other type of cars except mine . Please, if somebody knows how to to do it e-mail the instruction to me. I greatly appreciate it. ( Turcsany@Juno.com)
csibe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 04:30 PM   #2
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999
Re: How to program my keyless entry??

Quote:
Originally Posted by csibe5
Please help me! I am looking for information of how to program my keyless entry to my car. I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS. I just bought a new remote for it but I can not program it. I've been looking all over the internet for information and it seems like I can find the programming guides to all the other type of cars except mine . Please, if somebody knows how to to do it e-mail the instruction to me. I greatly appreciate it. ( Turcsany@Juno.com)
You have to take it to the dealer. They are the only ones that can program it. They should have told you that when you bought the remote.
lowsonoma1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
edm2000eclipse
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by csibe5

Do you know how much they charge for that?
edm2000eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:53 AM   #4
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: How to program my keyless entry??

Quote:
Originally Posted by edm2000eclipse
why not call and ask a local dealership before bringing up a 2 year old thread? it is going to vary from dealership to dealership.
eclipsed4utoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:55 AM   #5
edm2000eclipse
AF Newbie

Quote:

sorry you don't have to be rude
Old 10-17-2005, 11:49 AM   #6
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

im not being rude. its just that what it would cost me at my dealership is going to be totally different than what your dealership is going to charge you. and with the posts being 2 years old...these members don't post here anymore
Old 10-17-2005, 01:10 PM   #7
edm2000eclipse
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: How to program my keyless entry??

you sounded rude. anyway the reason why i asked is because i called my dealer and their computers are down and they can't look up any prices right now. they would have to call another dealership and call me back. so that's why i thought i would ask. i didn't know i had to look at the dates of the posts. i could have just posted a new topic but it would have been the same so what is the difference if i reply to an old thread or start a new one??
Old 10-19-2005, 05:40 PM   #8
kiger
AF Newbie

you do nto have to take it to the dealer,, if you look through some of the threads you can find instructions on how to do it....sounds like other dude has a problem... i mean if its that big of a deal do not read the thread

I did the same thing, but i found that the instructions were very easy to follow! Here they are:

1. Locate the Data Line Connector (DLC) underneath the driver's side dashboard. The DLC is typically located either to the left or the right of the steering column base. Notice how the DLC is tapered on both ends: you will be working on the wider row of cavities
2. Insert keys in Ignition and leave in the off position.
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Line Connector (DLC) terminal 1 to terminal 4 with a suitable jumper wire, leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 1 and 4.
4. Within 10 seconds after connecting the jumper wire, press the Hazard Switch 6 times. (Note) The doors will automatically lock and unlock once at this time indicating that the system is in the programming mode.
5. Press either the lock or unlock button on the transmitter to be registered three times within 10 seconds. Upon successful
programming, the door will lock and unlock once.
6. Repeat step 5, with any other remotes to be programmed (up to four remotes) (including any existing remotes), within one minute. After completing each programming, the doors will lock and unlock once.
7. Disconnect the programming wire and remove the keys from the
ignition.

For the jumper wire, i was able to use Paperclips... they worked great! If you want, have someone else in the car to press the hazard switch and the remote while you hold the paperclips together! Any other questions, email me! Ill send you the directions in word format with picture diagrams!

Last edited by kiger; 10-19-2005 at 06:11 PM.
kiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:25 PM   #9
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: How to program my keyless entry??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiger
you do nto have to take it to the dealer,, if you look through some of the threads you can find instructions on how to do it....sounds like other dude has a problem... i mean if its that big of a deal do not read the thread

I did the same thing, but i found that the instructions were very easy to follow! Here they are:

1. Locate the Data Line Connector (DLC) underneath the driver's side dashboard. The DLC is typically located either to the left or the right of the steering column base. Notice how the DLC is tapered on both ends: you will be working on the wider row of cavities
2. Insert keys in Ignition and leave in the off position.
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Line Connector (DLC) terminal 1 to terminal 4 with a suitable jumper wire, leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 1 and 4.
4. Within 10 seconds after connecting the jumper wire, press the Hazard Switch 6 times. (Note) The doors will automatically lock and unlock once at this time indicating that the system is in the programming mode.
5. Press either the lock or unlock button on the transmitter to be registered three times within 10 seconds. Upon successful
programming, the door will lock and unlock once.
6. Repeat step 5, with any other remotes to be programmed (up to four remotes) (including any existing remotes), within one minute. After completing each programming, the doors will lock and unlock once.
7. Disconnect the programming wire and remove the keys from the
ignition.

For the jumper wire, i was able to use Paperclips... they worked great! If you want, have someone else in the car to press the hazard switch and the remote while you hold the paperclips together! Any other questions, email me! Ill send you the directions in word format with picture diagrams!
so you did a search?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:14 PM   #10
kiger
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to program my keyless entry??

yes i did a search... really not that hard
Old 10-19-2005, 11:02 PM   #11
edm2000eclipse
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to program my keyless entry??

Quote:
you sounded rude. anyway the reason why i asked is because i called my dealer and their computers are down and they can't look up any prices right now. they would have to call another dealership and call me back. so that's why i thought i would ask. i didn't know i had to look at the dates of the posts. i could have just posted a new topic but it would have been the same so what is the difference if i reply to an old thread or start a new one??

THANK YOU SO MUCH BUT I ACTUALLY FOUND MY OLD REMOTE. YOU ARE A NICE GUY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:53 PM   #12
kiger
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to program my keyless entry??

no prob man.. good luck
Old 11-22-2005, 04:54 PM   #13
cocobits
AF Newbie

keyless entry remote programming

I used this method for my 2002 Mits. Lancer and it worked perfectly. I bought the remote off of eBay for $11.99. It took me a while to find the instructions but thanks to this website I was able to save money by not going to a dealer.
cocobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:38 PM   #14
crzyCollegeKid
AF Regular

since the thread is alive again, i have no qualms posting :-D

could you post those instructions with pics somewhere? it would make a nice addition to a FAQ.

Claudia (traded-in):
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS: Pioneer Speakers All Around, Kenwood MP3 Deck, Clarion Equalizer, Boss 4ch. 800W amp, 2 Dual 12" subs with Dual 500W amp, XM Roady2

R.I.P. Jessica
1997 Honda Prelude: AEM CAI - Exedy Full Face Organic Clutch - XACT Streetlite 12.5lb flywheel - DC Sports Short Throw Adapter
crzyCollegeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:33 PM   #15
PorchWeasel
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyCollegeKid
since the thread is alive again, i have no qualms posting :-D

could you post those instructions with pics somewhere? it would make a nice addition to a FAQ.
Do you happen to know if this procedure will also program the Keys, or does it only re-program the remote transmitter? I need to replace my '00 Eclipse GT key also and haven't found anything specific to programming the key.

Thanks in advance!
PW
PorchWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+