Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Achieva
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
handymann3
AF Newbie

Exclamation 1995 olds achieva engine swap help.

Hey guys, new here. I have been on here before just just browsing but I think its about time i made a account. Anyways onto the topic. I recently got a 4 door olds achievas 2.3l auto and I am thinking of doing a engine swap. I was wondering if there is anyway to do a supercharged 3.8l buick swap? I am pretty shure the 3.8 came on later years so is it possable? As funny as this may seem i am 16 but new to the whole computer controlled cars. All my knowlage with cars is olds school, I am actualy restoring a 1981 T/A. so your going to have to be really simple when it comes to electronics. I just want more power and this 2.3 isnt doing it... I know a bit about the S/C 3.8 and from what i heard its a very reliable engine with a good stock hp starting mark. So even if it isnt possable what should I do? is there any other engine I can swap? Can I build the 2.3? I looked into turbo's but I was told It was a big no no with the ballence shafts. I want to reach the 300-350 hp range for as cheap as possable (useing parts from other engines and things like that also works). It also needs to be streetable and be able to run during the winters here in canada. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

Thanks
handymann3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Re: 1995 olds achieva engine swap help.

Welcome to AF !

If you have the money anythings possible.

But the newer Achievas came with the 3.4, not a 3.8.

Both of which would require not just mechanical modifications to get the biger engine to fit, thiers a bunch of electronic(computer) problems which require a great deal of knowledge on how each system works and how to get them to all work together.

Even the 3.4's swapped with a 3.8 S/C requires piggy backing PCMS and BCMs. A lot of man hour in this type of project not to mention the money involved.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
SargeMan
AF Newbie

Re: 1995 olds achieva engine swap help.

Anything is possible is you have the tools too. Putting in the 3.8L with need some body/frame modifications too, plus you need to think of all the electrical stuff you will need. Even if you could fit the bigger motor in, you would need a new ECM. I don't really no but you might be able to take the ECM out of the same car as the motor, but you may have to do a complete electronic thing if you choose to do it that way...
SargeMan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
3.8l , achieva , engine , oldsmobile , swap
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Achieva