Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:22 AM   #31
pollenjesus
AF Regular

Re: any problems with police (the real ones)

Here is the a link at cardomain for my car. It shows the changes over the years with a bit of commentary. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/695734/6
pollenjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #32
TVCustoms
AF Newbie

Your car is sweet, although i dont know about the door bumper guards black. I like the Idea of the the B-pillar blacked out, may do that myself. As for the exaust, my 99 P71 has a custom 2 1/2" pipe from the cats back, then 3" fromk the rear axle out to the bumper, with a bend down at the end. Sounds like a mustang, a little deeper cause i got excelerator mufflers (like flowmaster). I just wish i knew what that high rpm whine was; im afraid to rev it, dont want to blow the motor, but it runs cherry otherwise.
TVCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #33
pollenjesus
AF Regular

Hmmm.... My throttle started whisteling just after I upgraded my exhaust to 2 1/2". I asked a couple of mechanics and said it was not unusual, and probably is because of the increased air flow/speed through the throttle from the upgraded exhaust. Mine only whistles when in in 3rd, and overdrive with very light throttle.

Do you have a throttle spacer on your car? I have been reading that throttle spacers will create a whistle at wide open throttle. Tonight or tomorrow I will be putting a throttle spacer on my car from Air raid. I couldn't find for my exact modle so I got one for a 2003 mustang gt. Same engine right...?...lol

I'm hoping it will fit. From the info I have seen the throttle body for the mustang gt is the same as my vic- 60mm. oh yeah... MSD going on the car too for a better spark.
pollenjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:38 AM   #34
vicgameprpr2000
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXFIVE-O
I am a police officer in texas and old police cars are the car of choice for alot of thugs around my city. If i see a police car with no markings and no exempt tags then I find a reason to stop it.
the police where i live do the same thing and i think its really messed up. im young, black, and drive a black p71. i get pulled over all the time b/c the police think im a dope dealer. im not. i think its really wrong to profile someone based on color much less what they drive. i mean come on get a life and try investigating some murders or rapes instead of pulling over a vic b/c a black kids driving it!!!
vicgameprpr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #35
IZ1111
AF Newbie

My CV has a CB antenna sticking out of the back end. It makes cops heads turn every time, (especialy motocyclist cop, easily noticable when heads turn). One time a cop stopped me and said to be carefull with my car, that I could seriously kill someone with it. Dont know why, but I think an undercover or maby detective cop was using this CV. Its dark blue. I'll get a pick for ya'll of the antenna.

IZ1111 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria