Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 12:12 PM   #16
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Re: Water bubbling..

I believe the thermostat is pressed into the pipe. That's why they sell it as one piece. But I think your mechanic buddy may be right about your radiator. If by feeling the radiator you have hot and cold spots. The passages may be partially plugged. Just cause you can flow water throw with a hose is not a good test.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #17
Schurkey
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiccokaiser1 View Post
Radiator it's not hot everywhere but mostly at the top close to the inlet hose. Going down with my hand i feel it gets cooler but I don't know if this is normal (due to fan) or not.
The radiator flows from top to bottom, just like it's 1966 again. Cross-flow radiators became almost universal for awhile, then GM goes back to downflow on the Trailblazer radiators for some silly reason. Yes, the radiator will be hottest at the top, and cooler as you go down to the lower rad hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleekat View Post
Just because it is lower does not mean it is flowing the opposite direction. It may be a thermostat issue. But the coolant heats in the engine until the thermostat opens flowing into the radiator and back through. Look on Youtube. Bunch of thermo replacement videos for your trailblazer.
Not sure that's accurate. I thought the thermostat was on the inlet side of the water pump--backwards from "normal" practice.

I'll have to dig through the shop manual to see what's up with that. It just seems really screwy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiccokaiser1 View Post
Seen a video.. not a fun job.. The guy replaces it with a new one but I would like just to take valve out as a test. Do you know if old thermostat comes off the alu pipe and I can still put it back on with its O ring but as an empty pipe?
I suppose you could rip the thermostat out of the pipe...but it's not intended to be removed. Companies make more money when they can sell the entire housing instead of the $5 thermostat. You'll be buying a new thermostat/housing assembly if you remove the thermostat from the housing you have.

Are you having any problems with the thing running? If you drove it for two hours, would it be boiling over with you stranded on the side of the road?

What is the anti-freeze concentration?

Are the fins of the A/C condenser folded-over, or filthy? When I replaced the fan clutch on my Trailblazer, I blew compressed air backwards through the radiator fins and the condenser fins. I was really surprised at how much dirt was hiding in the air fins.
For the good of the Free World, DEMAND COMPENSATION FROM CHINA for their release of the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Laboratory, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19). Ten trillion to start with, increasing as needed from there, PLUS compensation for the sickened, and "wrongful death" settlements for the families of those who didn't survive. END trade with Communist China.
Schurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:27 PM   #18
chiccokaiser1
AF Newbie

So I took off the valve from thermostat pipe, it's easy once you have it in your hands.. and you can put it back on engine empty as a test. I will drive it next days and see what happens. To help people who will attempt thermostat replacement in the future, this is what I did:
- make sure you have no hurry and some beers off the shelf to keep you calm
- you father in law helping..
- take off belt
- take off negative battery pole for safety
- loose all three alternator bolts without removing it
- jack car and take off front left wheel
- reach bottom thermostat 10mm bolt from left coil side, easy
- reach top thermostat 10mm bolt from left coil side. Alternator has to move forward and leave some room to do this. You also need a custom key rod really long to reach this bolt I suggest 1/4" size
- once thermostat is loosen if you pull and bend hose from the battery housing with some patience, you can have it in your hands and in front of your eyes, remove clamp and replace it. When installing the new one make sure to put it in the right direction as the old one.
- have a beer
- good luck for next steps of this tricky job!

I really hope this was my problem but I will know next days. I will buy a new thermostat and put it back on. Hope is not head gasket, head cracked or what... who knows?? Cross my fingers and go..
Every time I have to open hood, I ask myself why the hell I sold my old 5.2 grand cherokee, I really miss it. This car is a pain.
chiccokaiser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:21 AM   #19
chiccokaiser1
AF Newbie

Took off old thermostatic valve but temperature doesn't raise, not a great test. Need a new one. Would you get a gm for 140 euro or a doorman sent for 50 bucks? Italian prices, not cheap I know.
Thank you
Old 01-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #20
chiccokaiser1
AF Newbie

Hi. Just as feedback, this was the thermostat that used to stuck half way.. thank you all.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:45 AM   #21
MailoX
AF Newbie

Hi together,
When I drive by car (Audi A6), the car starts to vibrate after 15 minutes and when I stop, the water starts to bubble.
can you tell what the problem can have my car?
That will help me.
Thanks
MailoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #22
maxwedge
A990 racer

Question Re: Water bubbling..

You need to post this in the Audi forum, this is Chevy trucks.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:00 AM   #23
MailoX
AF Newbie

Oh, thank you for information.
I'll do it.
MailoX is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT