Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Premier
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #1
booter_2004
AF Newbie

heater

no matter what i put the control on, my blower only blows cold air, the a\c doesnt work either, the heater core is fine but the temperature doesnt change what could i do to make hot air come out?
booter_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:07 PM   #2
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Re: heater

What year and body style? Such as ES, LS,?? Does the temp. switch show changes in temp. in the readout window when you try to adjust the temp. Is your auto.temp. control on?

Last edited by Knifeblade; 03-22-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Knifeblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:57 AM   #3
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

It could likely be that the switch or the control that you regulate your temp. with is bad, or the function selector [the one that goes from defrost to heat to vent to a/c, e.g.] won't perform the switching.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #4
booter_2004
AF Newbie

sorry guys, i have a 1991 premier es limited digital readout does show change in temperature, when i switch from floor to def, or from vent to something else it changes, when i turn the blower up and down it goes up and down, but when i change the temperature, the readout goes up to 90 and down to 60 the readout works, but the temperature does not change. the heater core is hooked up right and the car is getting up to temperature.

also, after i drive the car for a while it shows out, it starts surging in speed on its own a lil bit and smoking and stalling and sputtering. after i let it sit for about 20 minutes or so it will smooth back out a minute or two after restarting and run fine for about another 35 or 40 minutes, it also smells really bad when its doing this. im pretty sure the gas mileage is pretty bad too. ive checked and cleaned several things on the throttle body, cleaned the throttle body itself, checked vacuums and egr, pcv or whatever cleaned it, and i read a thing about 1991 premiers having a problem with the fuel pumps which will fuctuate the pressure causing misfire... should i replace the fuel pump?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:43 PM   #5
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

K, I have to look through the manual [Chilton's] re the temp. deal, now I have some more info. Be patient, it will take me a day or so to see if the manual gives some direction.

Re the stalling, put some GOOD [such as Gumout concentrated] two bottles of injector cleaner into your gas tank, and fill 'er up. Run it, it may clear out the injectors and the internal sensor systems. Try that first prior to thinking fuel pump, ya don't wanna go there if ........well it's scary on these cars, lol.

Oh, btw, Chilton's offers a manual for the Premier, yes they do!!!! It's listed as #20384, and titled "Chrysler Front wheel drive cars 6-cyl, 1988-95 repair manual". You may have to special order it from your parts store, or Chilton's. . Motors has one, too, but they are next to impossible to find, and they are usually only in Libraries now, sigh,
Old 03-23-2006, 03:54 PM   #6
booter_2004
AF Newbie

ive put 7 bottles of cleaner through it on a quarter tank, mixture of different brands... no change in the way it runs. its very specific, it runs the way it should for about 35 miles and then messes up and if you let it sit for about 10 minutes it will fix it, if you dont it will only get worse and worse until the car wont go at all it will barely idle and even die sometimes.

also, what do you mean about 'you dont wanna go there if...' i mean, i know how to change a fuel pump, ive already seen that i will have to drop the tank to do so... ive done this kind of stuff all my life, im pretty sure the fuel pump is my problem
Old 03-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #7
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Re the tank, only that the fuel line fittings can be a bear to disconnect without a special quick-disconnect tool. And that the right rear wheel drum may be in the way of getting to some of the bolts. Ot may be possible the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel return line is boing on ya.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:49 PM   #8
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

I don't see anything in Chilton's that gives some direction on the lack of heat. There is a vacuum [ might be electrical] system that opens the various venting off of the core area. It directs the air to the heater, defrost, vents, etc. If the air comes out from the selected function, but is cold, I'd think there is a blockage somewhere.

More than that, I really don't know. Autozone .com has a partial Chilton's listing for the Eagle, check them out, it a freebie.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #9
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...Parameters=006

That puts you right at the start of the Chilton's for the Eagle, although I have an '89. You may want to surf the site a bit to get your 91 entered, since there are some small changes between the years, although I doubt any changes with the tank or heating system.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:19 PM   #10
booter_2004
AF Newbie

actually there was a pretty big difference in the tanks of a 89 and 91 in october of 1990 they switched the fuel pump(s) from two pumps on previous models and one pump after 1991... i cant find a fuel pressure regulator either, could it be made on the pump after 10\90?
Old 03-25-2006, 11:54 PM   #11
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Premier and Monaco
LINE FITTINGS
  1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the fuel tank filler cap to relieve the fuel tank pressure.
CAUTIONResidual fuel system pressure will be released when the quick-connect fitting is disconnected. Place shop towels around the tube end to absorb the spilled fuel. Wear eye protection and extinguish all smoking devices or open flame.
  1. Squeeze the retainer tabs together and pull the quick-connect fitting apart. Note that the retainer tabs stay on the nipple.

Fig. 7: Fuel delivery system-Premier and Monaco

To install:
  1. Using a clean lint-free cloth, wipe the tube end (nipple) and retainer clean.
  2. Apply a light film of clean SAE 30 weight engine oil to the tube end.
WARNINGDo not use any other lubricant.
  1. Push the quick-connect fitting over the fuel tube until the retainer seats and a click is heard.
  2. If the quick-connect fitting is the type that has windows on the side, ensure that the locking ears on the retainer and the shoulder (stop bead) on the fuel tube are completely visible in the windows. Do not rely upon the audible click to confirm that a secure connection has been made. Pull back on the quick-connect fitting to further ensure that the connection is complete and the connector is locked in place.
  3. Install the fuel tank filler cap.
  4. Connect the negative battery cable.
  5. Turn the key to the ON position and inspect the system for fuel leaks.
FUEL RAIL/REGULATOR FITTINGS
Fuel tube Quick-Disconnect tool 6182 (or equivalent) can be used at the engine fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator to remove the quick-connect fitting and retainer as an assembly. The retainer will remain in the fitting in the correct position. To install the fuel tube, push it over the nipple until a click is heard. Pull back on the tube to ensure that the connector is locked in place.

Old 03-25-2006, 11:57 PM   #12
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Chilton's doesn't say anything about the regulator not being/being on the '91's. It would be on the fuel return line, not internal in the tank, if the 91 has one, though.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:59 PM   #13
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...3d800d9d88.jsp

This link takes U to the fuel tank remove.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #14
booter_2004
AF Newbie

thanks man but i changed my mind on the fuel pump, i found out my eet or electrical egr transducer a.k.a. egr vacuum solenoid is broken in half... egr was completely rerouted to itself and not operating at all
Old 03-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #15
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Ah, cool ya found the prob.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Premier