Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Excel
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
Book him Danno!!!
AF Newbie

Question 3 engine performance mods for stock 98 Hyundai Excel to get the most bang 4 my buck?

Ok this is my situation in a nut shell.

I live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I got a "stock" 98 Hyundai Excel and a limited budget. (Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, spare the insults) What are 3 "priority" engine modifications I can perform to give my "stock" 98 Hyundai Excel the biggest possible performance boost for the cheapest cost?

When deciding take into consideration the "most bang for your buck" or "the most performance increase per dollar spent" concept.

For a crude estimate on how much my extra horsepower is going to cost me, take the estimated "horse power increase" from the proposed modification and divide it by the estimated "dollars spent for that modification". e.g. on average 1 extra horse power is going to cost me $???? for this modification.

Of course there will be other complicating variables introduced into the equation once a modification is performed, e.g. increased running costs, engine strain etc, but disregard that in your calculations at this stage. If you think it is important to highlight the fact though, go for it.

Cheers
Danno
Book him Danno!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:21 PM   #2
badassexcel
AF Newbie

Pod filter

I think you are in need of a pod filter. Get the biggest one you can find but the gearbox, tailshaft, diff, clutch, and exhaust system will need to be upgraded substantially to handle the power.
badassexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:27 PM   #3
excellchamp
AF Newbie

Re: 3 engine performance mods for stock 98 Hyundai Excel to get the most bang 4 my buck?

nah, u dont need none of that man, wot you need is the best/loudest sports exhaust you can get!!! put some extractors on it as well and you'll have a HUGE beast!!!
excellchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
Pack1t
AF Newbie

Re: 3 engine performance mods for stock 98 Hyundai Excel to get the most bang 4 my bu

Hey i have a similar problem,
i live in Brisbane, and i have a 99 Excel Twin cam (my first car)
i haven't been to happy with the performance tho :S
what cheap mods would u guy's recommend, to increase the performance of the vehicle?
And having a Pod filter, would that have much of a notice able difference?
i to have a low budget, being a student.
thanks for your help!
Pack1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:19 AM   #5
Pack1t
AF Newbie

Re: 3 engine performance mods for stock 98 Hyundai Excel to get the most bang 4 my bu

hey, its me again, i purchased a pod filter and it has mad a nice sound increase to the overall sound of the car.
slight increase in performance, mostly in throttle response, (well that is what i noticed)
Pack1t is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Excel