Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance
Performance Discussion about performance modifications and issues.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 03:07 PM   #31
Nizam Abdool
AF Newbie

Interestingly guys, the newer version of the Nissan NEO inline sixes found in the HC35 Medalists for example have the same config. as the older RB20's except that they have a "Y" shaped piece of piping as an addition upstream the rectangular box so that air entry is now at two separate points not one....In effect smoothing and redirecting the flow a bit...
Nizam Abdool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 05:56 PM   #32
Derby
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Derby
So for a 4 cil 16v it has 8 runners instead of four right.

That is what i've seen on a Opel over here. Really don't believe in that stuff. The area of resistance is greater. So is the air speed. That is two times bad...

Derby
Old 04-22-2005, 12:07 AM   #33
rb25king
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: who has custom intake plem??

I joined this club here cause I was just plain fedup with all the bull that you guys repeat, quote, say and just simply invent. Let me dispell a couple of them....as a matter of fact let me introduce myself. I have the most powerful rb25 in the U.S. My friend has the most powerful rb26 in the U.S. You guys repeat so many times that the rb25 bottom end is good for max 500hp. bullll.. I make over 900 for over three years on the stock bottom end plus I had a 120 shot of spoolup nos, hows that for strength?. Secondly I rev the engine to 9500rpm hows that for strenth? I have blown four head gaskets 2 oil pumps 2 tubos 3 rear ends and damaged my syncros for third and fourth and finaly due to abuse and oil leakage thru valve seals damaged all my pistons to where you can see the rings and thru all this my engine stillran and my block is 90% as if still new, Hows that for strength. I have gone from third @9000rpm missed fourth landed back in second not one effect on the engine this engine is the god of engines. I dare anyone to show me by experience a stronger engine. This by the way is the neo engine... please stop talking if you are guessing.
rb25king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:03 PM   #34
lbreaud
AF Newbie

if you changed up your plenum, thereby adding more air, wouldnt you have you step up your injectors just to keep from running lean? or is it small enough of a change just to not worry about it? maybe thats where some of these people are gaining some of the extra horsepower.
lbreaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:01 PM   #35
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
Re: who has custom intake plem??

Its not going to be much of a gain.
But there will always be variables.

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
SkylineUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #36
Driftkingz
AF Newbie

it's all about effiency with turbo there will be positive pressure and the idea is get whatever psi you want into your cylinders,and evenly across all cylinders at the same air temp. bigger phleum means less preasure drop in the phleum while smaller fills faster and less air just sitting there. Also while air is entering your cylinder air is also entering the phleum. Rpm is also gonna have a big equation as to how things go not to mention valve timing, size, lift and duration. It's simple to see research goes into it so your homemade hack job probably isn't gonna be better than aftermarket just cheaper(not to mention it has a good chance of hurting performance). Also it depends what RPM your looking to get better efficency at. The change you see in your power depends on the rest of your engine. boost, i/c pressure drop, and a bunch of other stuff. I was also wondering is it better to have 2 boost gauges one after the i/c and bov and one before? the one after would be just for your data loging and keep u informed.
Driftkingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:46 AM   #37
Derby
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Derby

@ driftkingz: About bigger/smaller plenums, I tried to calculate what the influence was with a plenum the size of 5 time the engine capacity. The plenum is made from aluminum. Assuming the air entering the plenum is 60 degrees celcius.(140 degrees fahrenheit) and the plenum it self is 100 degrees (212), an rpm of 3000 revs/min a 2.6l 6 cil. engine. That means that the air has a temperature difference of 40 degrees with the plenum. But the plenum that contains 13 liters (ambient air pressure. With boost the density increases and also the amount of energy needed to heat the air) of air is with and engine speed of 50 revs a sec empty in 0.2 seconds. That is not much time for the air to heat up. Besides that new air is coming in all and aluminum is not a efficient heat radiator. Too bad space under the hood is limited.

Luckily todays systems of vvti-l solves a lot of problems concerning intakes.

Derby

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance