Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
PamzJoe
AF Regular

Got Lucky

Hey all,
I'm new to the Scion forum so first of all, Hello.
My wife & I have a daughter that will turn 16 this November. We've been looking at economy cars in the hopes of surprising her with one on the big day. Well we had been to the local Toyota dealerships a couple times looking at Corollas. My daughter hated them because of the four doors, but that was what we thought was in our price range. Then she saw the tC! Her mind was made up!
Needless to say, my wife and I thought it was too expensive & the insurance would be too high. I started researching the tCs and long story short, after you add all the options to the Corolla that come standard on the tC you're right back up to or beyond the sticker. Anyway, (sorry, I know I'm getting long winded.)My wife & I wanted to talk to a Scion salesperson so we went back.(All this takes place over about a month timespan) A lady had just traded in her '05 tC on one of the limited production tCs, you know, with the different grill & special blue paint. It was perfect. 15,888 miles. Also the color Taylor wanted, Azure Pearl.$ 17,445 out the door after including the wrap around bumper to bumper "certified" warranty. Hey they also threw in a pedestal spoiler for free. Also, FYI. The insurance is $95.00 a year more than the Corolla.
I know some of you might be thinking, boy, what a spoiled brat. Gets any thing she wants. On the contrary, she does not, but her mom & I think that she deserves this because she has been though a lot in her young life. She was diagnosed With Lymphoma at the age of ten. She went through months of radiation and chemotharapy. She was in remission for six months and it came back with a vengence. We were told her only hope was a bone marrow transplant. She is now four years out from translant. She won't be considered "cancer free" untill she is 21, so every day is a blessing. On top of all the treatments she had to endure, she made straight As all through school.
So yeah, we thinks she deserves her "dream car".
Thanks for taking the time to read our little story. Hope the tC wii be a good one.
Joe & Pam
PamzJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #2
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TheQuietThings
Re: Got Lucky

hmmm the Special Edition RS2.0 tC just came out, and the color is Blue Blitz Mica, the Azure Pearl tC youre talking about sounds like someone changed the grills and added the optional pedestal spoiler. Also, its impossible to get the RS2 with the pedestal spoiler. Scion refuses to release the spoiler for the RS2, so the only way to get it painted, would to buy a different colored spoiler, resurface, prime, and paint it the BBM color.

If its really a special edition tC, i would check for the RS (Release Series) badges on the car.

A brand new tC costs 16,400 for the 5 speed, and 17,200 for the automatic, 17,400 seems like a lot for a used tC with 15,800 miles on it. Sorry to rain on your parade, but it sounds like this "special edition" tC with 16k miles on it is a RIP OFF

I bought my tC last year for 16,800 for the auto tranny, 0 miles on the odometer, and the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. The warranty is transferable, so its not like they are throwing it in at their cost.

Well, good luck anyway
Old 06-07-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
PamzJoe
AF Regular

Sorry, you missunderstood. The '05 I bought was traded in on the "special edition"model the same day. The sticker on a "stock" tC w/automatic was $18,080. w/the standard 3yr. 36,000 mile warr. Toyota's "certified" used cars come w/7yr-100,000 mile only on the drive train. For $1000. you can get bumper to bumper 7yr.-100,000miles. So yeah, it's got 16k miles but it also has megga warranty for $17,445. They threw in the spoiler for free. We're happy with it.
Joe
Old 06-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #4
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

well that changes the WHOLE story now doesnt it lol

check out ScionLife.com

The site has over 25,000 registers users, and offers tons more info than this forum.

www.scionlife.com
Old 06-08-2006, 10:58 PM   #5
doock87
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to doock87

better yet, check out www.yoursciontc.com
the people there are way more helpful than anyone on scionlife will ever be.

ps. i also think you got screwed on price. you should've checked scion.com for their "pure price" policy. you could've gotten a brand new azure pearl tc with pedestal spoiler for the same price if not less.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #6
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

how can you say the people on scionlife arent helpful? Have you checked our tech and FAQ section recently? I find ScionLife to be the most helpful scion-enthusiast site out there. Ive never had a problem with any of the users, and being that the site has so many users, it is easy to find members in your area. SL has also won many car internet site awards, which you can find on the scionlife website.

My advice... check out both sites, see which site has more information and is easier to browse and learn from.

Also, he didnt get screwed on the price, The RS2.0 tC's are more expensive than the regular tC because of the RS2 package that it comes with. Upgraded seat fabric, Satinized rims, Subwoofer, special edition paint and grills... among other things.
The spoiler itself costs 400, so he basically got a special edition tC for 2 or 3k less than MSRP, with a few thousand miles on it.

Used tC's dont have to follow pure pricing.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:08 AM   #7
PamzJoe
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
how can you say the people on scionlife arent helpful? Have you checked our tech and FAQ section recently? I find ScionLife to be the most helpful scion-enthusiast site out there. Ive never had a problem with any of the users, and being that the site has so many users, it is easy to find members in your area. SL has also won many car internet site awards, which you can find on the scionlife website.

My advice... check out both sites, see which site has more information and is easier to browse and learn from.

Also, he didnt get screwed on the price, The RS2.0 tC's are more expensive than the regular tC because of the RS2 package that it comes with. Upgraded seat fabric, Satinized rims, Subwoofer, special edition paint and grills... among other things.
The spoiler itself costs 400, so he basically got a special edition tC for 2 or 3k less than MSRP, with a few thousand miles on it.

Used tC's dont have to follow pure pricing.
Okay, one more time. I did'nt buy a Rs2.0 tC. The girl who used to have the car that I bought, traded it in on the Rs2.0. I bought her old tC, she got the new Rs2.0. So, maybe I did get screwed. Anyway, my Daughters' pleased with it.
Joe
Old 06-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #8
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

yup than you got screwed
Old 06-09-2006, 11:49 AM   #9
PamzJoe
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
yup than you got screwed
TheQuietThings, just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for your '05 tC? And how much warranty do you have left? Joe
Old 06-12-2006, 02:04 AM   #10
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamzJoe
TheQuietThings, just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for your '05 tC? And how much warranty do you have left? Joe
I bought the car BRAND NEW, paid $16,800 with 0 miles. Dealer through in a free extended warranty since this was the 3rd car being bought from that dealership.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:34 PM   #11
knchaman
AF Newbie

Don't get upset ..the only thing that counts is that you didi it for your kid....plus you got the extended warranty....that's not a rip off!
knchaman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC