Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #1
lyrarob
AF Newbie

Question 1998 transmission unavailable?

My Trans Sport is sitting in a garage 100 miles away. The mechanic says it needs a new transmission but that there are none available in the whole USA and that he'll have to build one. Is this for real? The Trans Sport was driving great and suddenly the gears would not engage. The engine starts but nothing happens when I put it in gear. Could it be something other than the transmission? I have had no trouble of this kind before. Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
lyrarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:49 AM   #2
magoogle
AF Newbie

Re: 1998 transmission unavailable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrarob
My Trans Sport is sitting in a garage 100 miles away. The mechanic says it needs a new transmission but that there are none available in the whole USA and that he'll have to build one. Is this for real? The Trans Sport was driving great and suddenly the gears would not engage. The engine starts but nothing happens when I put it in gear. Could it be something other than the transmission? I have had no trouble of this kind before. Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Sounds like a lot of bologna to me. There are transmission rebuilders all in the U.S. This is a very common vehicle. and A Very common trans. It might be as simple as the modulator valve or the locking torque converter problem.
magoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #3
Viala
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: 1998 transmission unavailable?

hello I'm in Paris France,and i had the same problem , I ordered a new transmission from "Certified transmissions" in Ohama and I justreceived in France in four days it is about1700 dollars but now for us Euro / Dollars is better . For me it is half price than at the dealer shop.
The biggest problem isto put the transmission now in the car!!!

paul
Viala is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport