Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 06:19 PM   #1
Seamus McRae
AF Regular

Liquid gold paint suggestiobs

Hi all
Inspired by a pic I saw online of a liquid chrome Mercedes SLR McLaren, I thought I would do the same to my Aoshima Aventador 50th Ann kit, albeit in gold, rather than the pearl yellow they suggest.
Vallejo do a range of liquid metal paints which actually have metal particles suspended in alcohol. These look ok however they can only be thinned with 96% or better alcohol & may present shipping issues.
Does anyone have other suggestions on what to use?
Seamus McRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 08:48 PM   #2
Nobbys Nuts
AF Regular

Re: Liquid gold paint suggestiobs

Hi Seamus;
Try dropping Scott Taylor a line at SMS paints here in Australia about this.
Don't mean to steer you away from here but if you are on Facebook they do have a Facebook page and Scott replies very quickly.
Maybe you could invite him here to participate if it is allowed.
I haven't been active here since Oct 2010 so have to catch up on what current rules are.

He has the new Lacquer Chrome paints out now and a few of the car guys are experimenting with different colours over the Cold Chrome version now on the Facebook page. Might have to scroll down a but though but the posts are there.

A clear yellow or orange over the chrome sounds like what you are looking at. Scott could answer this instantly with proportions etc to use.

Regards
Tony
Nobbys Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 09:10 PM   #3
Seamus McRae
AF Regular

Thanks Tony. I might give that a go. I'm thinking I might try a little experiment myself - I have a spray can of 'liquid' or super chrome from Supercheap (used for chrome bumper touch-ups). I'll see how that comes up with a coat of clear yellow over the top
Seamus McRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 04:27 PM   #4
Deathtrap
AF Regular

To give you an alternative, when I need to paint metal colours I always use Alclad 2 paints. https://alclad2.com/

They have a nice range of colours for you to check out. And if you want a golden colour that really pops, they silver with a coat of their candy yellow.
Deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling