Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
tubjub
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to tubjub Send a message via AIM to tubjub Send a message via MSN to tubjub Send a message via Yahoo to tubjub
no fuel... not running.... IF it runs it stalls

1989 Astro Van Stalling ....

When you attempt to start it in the morning after sitting all night, you have to crank it over 5 or 6 times and it will start, but it won't stay running. Repeated stalling and hard to restart if at all ... removed air cleaner and surrounding hardware from throttle body and cranked engine over to no avail... fuel drips out of fuel injectors at the rate of 1 drop per second, does this sound right ? i thought a decent amount should spray out of them... has approx 275k on it. problem has been getting progressively worse and worse to the point where its not driveable anymore... replaced fuel pump and filter, Igntion Module... Plugs, wires, cap and button seem to be in good shape... getting fire but little to no fuel. if you pour a small amount of fuel into the TB and crank the engine it fires and runs just long enough on what you put in there, but the injectors dont spray anything else out... could this be the injectors themselves or a bad fuel pressure regulator ???

kinda gettin desperate here... helpin a friend out and they need some wheels... any help or advice would be greatly apprecieated.

thx
Old 09-15-2005, 08:03 PM   #2
Aqua Angel
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Aqua Angel Send a message via AIM to Aqua Angel Send a message via MSN to Aqua Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Aqua Angel
Re: no fuel... not running.... IF it runs it stalls

if you have replaced the fuel filter, it should of ran the first time. now another thing that could go wrong. fuel pump might not work, but if you have replaced it the relay could go bad or simply not have any power to your pump at all. Check if you have power or i see only one other thing. air pocket in the fuel line.

it actually never happened to me, but i have some people have replaced there fuel filter and couldn't start the van due of an air pocket in the lines. the best way is to bleed it.

Now i don't really know how to do it as it is hard to bleed a propane line and i have replaced my fuel filter only once when she was on Gasoline.

just some food for thought. hope it helped. =)

looking for:
Euro clear corner lights and Billet grill "chrome" and a good shinny 5 spoke rims and a disc brake rear differential

Aqua Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
Aqua Angel
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Aqua Angel Send a message via AIM to Aqua Angel Send a message via MSN to Aqua Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Aqua Angel
Re: no fuel... not running.... IF it runs it stalls

if you have replaced the fuel filter, it should of ran the first time. now another thing that could go wrong. fuel pump might not work, but if you have replaced it the relay could go bad or simply not have any power to your pump at all. Check if you have power or i see only one other thing. air pocket in the fuel line.

it actually never happened to me, but i have some people have replaced there fuel filter and couldn't start the van due of an air pocket in the lines. the best way is to bleed it.

Now i don't really know how to do it as it is hard to bleed a propane line and i have replaced my fuel filter only once when she was on Gasoline.

or another idea could be that you might have a bad timing or a vacuum leak

just some food for thought. hope it helped. =)

looking for:
Euro clear corner lights and Billet grill "chrome" and a good shinny 5 spoke rims and a disc brake rear differential

Aqua Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:01 PM   #4
tubjub
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to tubjub Send a message via AIM to tubjub Send a message via MSN to tubjub Send a message via Yahoo to tubjub
well...

only way i could really think of "bleeding" it was to remove the fuel lines from the TB and turn the key on and off to cycle the pump... nothing came out...

TURNS OUT ... and boy do i feel like an ass.

the gas gauge is broke and you can't tell how much fuel is in it...
found that out after about 3 days of messin' around with it.

dumped about 5 gallons worth of fresh fuel in it and it took a few seconds of cranking but it fired right up.... just needs a new TPS now... lol

thanks anywayz

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies