Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
ModelerSite
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via Skype™ to ModelerSite
News and samples from Hobbydesign

Our friends from Hobbydesign ket us know several news for this month. Also could send samples for people here if building reports would be written.

http://www.modelersite.net/viewShowr...contenido=1997

Thanks for reading
2000-2013 Thirteen years online!
ModelerSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
F1Tommy
AF Enthusiast

Re: News and samples from Hobbydesign

Why does the modelersite only seem to review Japanese and Asian resin and plastic car kits?? Oh wait, I did see a MG model review many issues back.
F1Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
ModelerSite
Authorized Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Tommy View Post
Why does the modelersite only seem to review Japanese and Asian resin and plastic car kits?? Oh wait, I did see a MG model review many issues back.
You should ask to USA and some EU manufacturers why don't have interest in our 100.000 readers magazine ...
Basically we show what contributors do, if we receive samples then forward them to contributors.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
BVC500
AF Enthusiast

I can already review them. Great ideas for products, spotty quality. The end.
BVC500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
F1Tommy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelerSite View Post
You should ask to USA and some EU manufacturers why don't have interest in our 100.000 readers magazine ...
Basically we show what contributors do, if we receive samples then forward them to contributors.

So basically unless a European or US manufacturer sends you money and kits you pretent they don't have any products?

Sounds like your magazine is incomplete.

I would say Fisher and Profil 24 kits have more detail than the Studio 27, Garage 24 or other blocks of resin from Japan. Revell of Germany and N.A. make some nice kits that are as good as most Fujimi kits(not as good as a Tamiya or Hasegawa in my opinion but I would review them). BWC500, I think you need to take another look. Hiro kits are special, but they also cost more than $300.00.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
ModelerSite
Authorized Vendor

Quote:
I would say Fisher and Profil 24 kits have more detail than the Studio 27, Garage 24 or other blocks of resin from Japan. Revell of Germany and N.A. make some nice kits that are as good as most Fujimi kits(not as good as a Tamiya or Hasegawa in my opinion but I would review them). BWC500, I think you need to take another look. Hiro kits are special, but they also cost more than $300.00.
I will be happy to publish those brands if you do that.

Take a look again and you will find a lot of building reports about others than Asian.
We have made building reports ( which is not the same that a review) from Renaissance, Le Mans Miniatures, SMS, Fisher, Revell ... and many others. However statistics shows that most of readers like Asian kits, and basically plastic ones. We pay our contributors but they build what they want what is the modeling supposes to be in first place.

You are the owner of Scale Designs and probbably angry because we didn't pay attention to you, no problem at all send a sample to our contributors and we will do the job.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #7
BVC500
AF Enthusiast

I have taken many looks. I own many Hobby Design products, and have had issues with most of them. The wheels require a lot of clean up, require too much effort to fit them to a model, and the transkit resin shrinks, etc.

Most recently, I tried to use their Aston Martin DBS "metal transfers." Well, they are marketed as metal transfers, and look like them, but the operate just like decals and have no sticky qualities.

With all due respect, you should look at the many posts on this board about HD's quality issues.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
F1Tommy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVC500 View Post
I have taken many looks. I own many Hobby Design products, and have had issues with most of them. The wheels require a lot of clean up, require too much effort to fit them to a model, and the transkit resin shrinks, etc.

Most recently, I tried to use their Aston Martin DBS "metal transfers." Well, they are marketed as metal transfers, and look like them, but the operate just like decals and have no sticky qualities.

With all due respect, you should look at the many posts on this board about HD's quality issues.

Sorry BVC500, I took your comment out of context. I agree with you about HD. I had one of their warped body 599XX transkits.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
F1Tommy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I will be happy to publish those brands if you do that.

Take a look again and you will find a lot of building reports about others than Asian.
We have made building reports ( which is not the same that a review) from Renaissance, Le Mans Miniatures, SMS, Fisher, Revell ... and many others. However statistics shows that most of readers like Asian kits, and basically plastic ones. We pay our contributors but they build what they want what is the modeling supposes to be in first place.

You are the owner of Scale Designs and probbably angry because we didn't pay attention to you, no problem at all send a sample to our contributors and we will do the job.
Scale Designs has not made kits for 6 years, so I don't expect a review. I guess if I was located in Tokyo or Hong Kong you would know that. You need to spread out what your doing build reports on to make your magazine better. On the statistics your refering to, you get statistics from people who like your magazines format I would assume(done by Hobbylink Japan???). When was that building report? I can't find it.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
ModelerSite
Authorized Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVC500 View Post

Well I'm not the owner of HD just offered samples to the group thanks them. If you say that the products have issues I believe you. My opinion just come from contributors as I didn't test them personally.
You could contact HD manager I can give you the email by PM if you want and let him know the issues you had, I think this is the best way they improve the quality if necessary.
During the last 15 years I have used in my projects parts/decals from most of the manufacturers and believe me nobody was free of having problems, still remember the old Perfect Parts, it was a nightmare to build the shocks for the 641 and people bought them as hot bread LOL.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
ModelerSite
Authorized Vendor

Quote:
Scale Designs has not made kits for 6 years, so I don't expect a review. I guess if I was located in Tokyo or Hong Kong you would know that. You need to spread out what your doing build reports on to make your magazine better. On the statistics your refering to, you get statistics from people who like your magazines format I would assume(done by Hobbylink Japan???). When was that building report? I can't find it.
Looks like you are little aggressive with me and the magazine. Recently I read that those kind of feelings make the people get some kind of diseases, be careful please!
Old 11-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #12
F1Tommy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Looks like you are little aggressive with me and the magazine. Recently I read that those kind of feeling make the people get some kinds of diseases, be careful please!

Thats the best you can do. I have not said anything for years, but have always noticed this. Do what you want, but its a shame if you don't spread out your building reports to include more European/US brands. They are more prolific than most Japanese companies and will make your magazine more interesting. How about Similr since they are making some nice new kits and are even available via Studio 27 on Hobbylink. Fisher and Profil are also always making interesting stuff.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #13
BVC500
AF Enthusiast

No worries buddy. I really want to like Hobby Design because they are so willing to create products for our models, such as the really cool Ferrari California and Aston DBS wheels...I just wish they improve their quality. After receiving some FG Model wheels last week, which are so smooth, and are made to fit the kits easily, I don't have the highest opinion of HD anymore.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling