Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Shows
Car Shows Discuss anything related to the car shows around the globe. Post the pictures you took, etc.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 11:11 AM   #1
zackiedawg
AF Regular

South Florida Get Together 12 - 525 cars! Lots of pics - 56k warning

Well...another GTG in the bag, and again the records from our last one demolished! We were unable to count every single car with the volume coming in throughout the day, but our best count at the middle of the event was at least 525 cars. There may have been more...but we'll keep the official count there to make things easy! We also had a rough head count of 1,400 people at the event...alot of people came as family, friends, and guests, and a whole lot of non VW vehicles showed up to see what they are missing!

Thank you to all the vendors who made this possible, and especially thank you to the VW enthusiasts from near and far who make the event worth doing. We hope everyone had a good time, and look forward to planning GTG #13!

Here are lots and lots of my pics from the event... Enjoy!

Unforgettable Sound and Performance:

CEC Wheels:

D&N Performance:

Forge Motorsport:

Forge Motorsport:

Edge Racing:

CEC Wheels:

APR:

Gunther VW:

JL Audio and VWFlix.xom:

Unforgettable Sound and Performance:

Gunther VW:

Gunther VW and the new R32s:

VWFixx.com:

LR Engineering:

APR:

Edge Racing and APR:

Crowd waiting for raffle calls:

GTG organizers putting on the raffle:

Ticket and Tshirt booth setting up:

Raffle in progress:

Food and T-shirt booth early in day:

Lunch in the big tent:

More people waiting for the raffle to start:

Big tent and food line wrapping around:

APRs chipping culdesac:

Serving up the BBQ:

Ticket and Tshirt booth later in the day:

Reactions to the raffle names picked:

Organizer Steve “I’m not manning the grills this time” Ingels, and our other volunteers:

Long food line, but plenty of chairs under the big tent this time!:

Listening to the raffle calls:

Staff calling out the raffle:

Jax Dubs at the GTG:

Durty Dubs, and Autobahn Touring next door, at the GTG:

SFLB5 at the GTG:

Gorgeous 21-window wagon at the GTG:

One of several Sciroccos:

Back of the 21-window:

Phaeton at the GTG:

RS4 Avant:

Durty Dub Jetta from Georgia:

Corrado all the way from Pennsylvania:

Karmann Ghia racer:

Clean looking air-cooled bug:

Slick looking old-school caddy:

Beautiful old-school Euro style GTI:

Last edited by zackiedawg; 03-02-2004 at 11:35 AM.
zackiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:44 AM   #2
zackiedawg
AF Regular

Re: South Florida Get Together #12 for VW/Audi enthusiasts - Feb 28, 2004!

We have confirmed our title sponsors -

Gunther Volkswagen of Coconut Creek (the nation's #1 volume VW dealer)

APR Performance - Expert chip tuner for VW and Audi engines, including the famous Stage I, II, and III chips for 1.8 turbo engines! They will be selling AND installing chips on-site, so bring the credit cards or cash!!

Old 01-20-2004, 06:05 PM   #3
zackiedawg
AF Regular

More details on the upcoming event:

We've confirmed additional sponsors for the show, to add to APR and Gunther Volkswagen...

Forge Motorsport, Oettinger Wheels, AutobahnX, Autobahn Touring, SFLB5.com, Club Eurosport, VWVORTEX, VWFixx.com, and Unforgettable Sound and Performance have been added to the sponsor list!

Also, we have received confirmation of attendance from all throughout Florida and Georgia, as well as caravans rolling down from Washington DC area, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and the Carolinas.

Our organizers are working on additional entertainment in South Beach (Miami) and Fort Lauderdale on the night before and the night after the event...to make the trip worthwhile to those coming down from afar.

More event news will be listed as it comes, or visit the event website at www.sflgtg.com.

Old 02-11-2004, 02:58 PM   #4
zackiedawg
AF Regular

17 more days, folks! Organizing this monster has kept me off the boards a bit...so here's the updates so far.

Sponsors and vendors so far: APR, Gunther VW Of Coconut Creek, Forge Motorsports, CEC Wheels, D&N Performance, Unforgettable Sound and Performance, LR Engineering, EuroTuner Magazine, VWFixx.com, VWVortex.com,
Autobahn Touring, Jax Dubs, and SFLB5.com.

We've got a few more up our sleeve, so I'll post 'em when I know 'em.

Confirmed caravan departure points: Boca Raton, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, Atlanta GA, Charleston SC, and Exton PA (including New Jersey caravanners). If you would like to come down from those areas, or would like to know if and when a caravan will be passing through or near your town, post here and we can give you the information for contacting those caravan organizers.

Coverage - Euro Tuner will be covering the GTG as last year, so primp your car nicely to see if you can get in the magazine! Also, there will be two independent filmmakers filming documentaries at the event - so you'll have plenty of chances for you or your car to be a star (guys, you'll have to make your car look really hot...girls, you only have to wear a bikini)

One of our vendors has set up a dyno to use for the day of the event...it will be held at a shop just a few miles from the park. If you are interested, post here for more information. They will be taking reservations for the dyno ona first come first served basis, so there are no guarantees!

There are events and happenings the day before, the day of, and the day after the event...to make an entire weekend of entertainment, and justify the trip for the many out-of-staters coming in this time. If you want information about the Friday night pre-GTG party hosted by the sflb5.com gang, the South Beach tour on Saturday night being organized by the Autobahn Touring gang, and the Sunday golf day by the sflb5.com gang, just ask!

Wow. All this from a simple meeting of 3 Passats in a Hooters parking lot 3 years ago!

Old 02-20-2004, 07:17 PM   #5
MrHans
AF Newbie

Quote:
APR Performance - Expert chip tuner for VW and Audi engines, including the famous Stage I, II, and III chips for 1.8 turbo engines! They will be selling AND installing chips on-site, so bring the credit cards or cash!!
Please Please needle them about the obvious need for a W8 chip (not just the top speed de-limiting type) please
MrHans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:59 PM   #6
zackiedawg
AF Regular

Already working on that with APR and another chip tuner! My good buddy and former fellow-organizer is now managing APR, and I've been bugging him regularly including offering my car as a testbed (for the free chip, of course).

GIAC has one in beta testing right now...hopefully soon we'll get word on limited offering (I know the guy testing it, and he's impressed...it gets about 25 more HP...not bad for normally aspirated engine).

With the event around the corner, I'm just trying to get all the supplies and set-ups to handle 1,000 people!

Old 02-27-2004, 12:30 PM   #7
MrHans
AF Newbie

Re: Re: South Florida Get Together #12 for VW/Audi enthusiasts - Feb 28, 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackiedawg
Already working on that with APR and another chip tuner! My good buddy and former fellow-organizer is now managing APR, and I've been bugging him regularly including offering my car as a testbed (for the free chip, of course).

GIAC has one in beta testing right now...hopefully soon we'll get word on limited offering (I know the guy testing it, and he's impressed...it gets about 25 more HP...not bad for normally aspirated engine).

With the event around the corner, I'm just trying to get all the supplies and set-ups to handle 1,000 people!
Thanks for da info and good luck with the event!
MrHans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:38 AM   #8
zackiedawg
AF Regular

Updated the original thread with pics from the unbelievable event. Maybe a moderator can help me change the thread title as I revised it? (I didn't want to start a second thread for the same event...thought it might be better to use the same one).