Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 456 | 550 | 575
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 09:58 PM   #1
burntrice087
Banned

456M is dissapointing

First of all id like to say iam not totally ragging on this sexy looking car but it has alot of stuff that i dont like..First of all its 0-60 time of 5.1s is very lackluster for a Ferrari..especially since its price tag is over 200K..@nd what the hell was Ferrari thinking when they made the GTA..an Automatic in a Ferrari??....wow and not to mention that "beast" goes 0-60 in 5.4s which is again very lackluster for a ferrari....I might be a little harsh but in my opinion..a Ferrari isnt a Ferrari if it doesnt cant go to 60 in under 5 seconds..and no iam not dsissing the 80's cars which were fast for thier day....Even if it was made for only crossing Continents at a high speed..Ferrari should of scraped the idea of slapping on a automatic transmission and putitng the 456M on a diet
burntrice087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:03 AM   #2
bkvj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to bkvj
Re: 456M is dissapointing

Quote:
First of all id like to say iam not totally ragging on this sexy looking car but it has alot of stuff that i dont like..First of all its 0-60 time of 5.1s is very lackluster for a Ferrari..especially since its price tag is over 200K..@nd what the hell was Ferrari thinking when they made the GTA..an Automatic in a Ferrari??....wow and not to mention that "beast" goes 0-60 in 5.4s which is again very lackluster for a ferrari....I might be a little harsh but in my opinion..a Ferrari isnt a Ferrari if it doesnt cant go to 60 in under 5 seconds..and no iam not dsissing the 80's cars which were fast for thier day....Even if it was made for only crossing Continents at a high speed..Ferrari should of scraped the idea of slapping on a automatic transmission and putitng the 456M on a diet
i think you are quite right on this one. although i dont agree with this:
Quote:
a Ferrari isnt a Ferrari if it doesnt cant go to 60 in under 5 seconds
thats crap..the first ferraris couldnt do that either! and yet they still are ferrari.

a pontiac/toyota mr2 isnt a ferrari with just the body and the badge....a ferrari is a ferrari when its build in the ferrari factory, not in your backyard.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:52 PM   #3
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
Re: 456M is dissapointing

Believe it or not, I have a friend who owns one of these "lackluster" Ferrari's (along with a 550 Maranello, a Carerra GT, a 911 Turbo, 2 new Range Rovers, a Cayenne Turbo, and many Mustangs). Yes, hes quite rich in case you didnt notice...

0-60 in 5.1 seconds isnt slow by any means. Yes, in relation to other Ferrari's of it's day, it was slow. But any car that can do 5.1 seconds is fast in my book. The reason for it's "slowness" is due to it's steel frame, stretched wheelbase to accomadate the backseats, and its front mounted V12. The new 612 is miles ahead with the aluminum frame, and the V12 is (I think) mounted behind the front axel to improve weight distrabution. But hey, a Ferrari is still a Ferrari. No matter how fast it is.

Just like the BMW 1 series is a BMW, despite being price far below the 3 series. And the same can be said about the Bentley Conti GT being significantly below the Arnage and Azure, but its a Bentley none the less.

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 456 | 550 | 575