Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
EleanorBG
AF Newbie

2001 Ford Escape Repairs, HELP

I have a 2001 Ford Escape XLT, I am in need of a new alternator, belt and something else that rusted out due to me living in Wisconsin for a few years. The car itself has about 110,000 miles on it. According to the mechanic I took it to it's about $1600 worth of repairs. Is it worth it to fix or should I start searching for a new car?
EleanorBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2001 Ford Escape Repairs, HELP

These repairs are do able by any back yard mechanic. But beware you'll have to remove the right CV axle to get the alternator out. Or at least unbolt the steering knuckle and separate the outter CV axle from the knuckle and swing the axle out of the way for clearance. I'd fix it but I don't know what the "something else that rusted out due to me living in Wisconsin for a few years" thing is.
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2001 Ford Escape Repairs, HELP

There are a couple of threads in here on replacing the alternator with detailed instructions. If yours doesn't have body rust and is in decent shape after repairs it is worth a little above $4,000. That might help in deciding if repairing is worth it. As Delta said, we'd need more info to give better help.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
escape , ford , repairs
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid