Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
jaydo777
AF Newbie

Question Need advice on buying new vehicle

Hello, I just joined the forum and I am in need of some opinions! I am 16 years old and I'm in a bit of a predicament. My first car was a 1961 Ford Galaxie that I bought for $1000 but I did not get it running in time for my driver's test. Luckily I was given a 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 that is in pretty good condition. I then saved up for a truck and I bought a 1995 f150 for $2000. After a couple months the clutch went in the truck and found a bunch more issues so I sold it for $900. After that loss I borrowed money from my grandfather and bought a 2007 ram 1500 which I am currently driving. I just finished paying the truck off and I am looking to get something new. I can get $7000 for the Dodge from someone I know. Some ideas that I am considering are a pre 2006 VW Jetta TDI because of their crazy MPG, swapping the 307 in the oldsmobile for a rebuilt 350 and manual transmission and use the money from selling my truck for fixing it up, or selling the Dodge and Oldsmobile and buying a beater car and and a dirt bike and saving the rest of the money. Any input will be greatly appreciated as I am stressing out trying to figure out what to do!
jaydo777 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A