Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
murph209
AF Newbie

01 Dodge Ram (318) Sqeaky Brakes and drive belt

Sqeaky brakes - had brakes pads replaced by just brakes about a year and a half ago. since then my brakes are sqeaking something awful!!!! i just replaced the rear brakes pads today b/c they where cracked. i thought that would fix it but it did't. the sqeal sounds like it's coming from the front, so i adjusted the front brakes, but no luck. if some one could maybe give me an idea that would be great. a couple of people told me that it might be my front bearings. i don't have a clue!!!!!

drive belt - i replace the drive belt about two weeks ago b/c of cracking, wear and tear. after I put the belt on and started the truck, a loud noise appeared. the noise makes my truck sound like i have a super charger. it's very annoying!!!! i replaced both the tension and idle pullies but no luck. i even bought belt spray but still have the noise. i thought about buying a new belt but i don't see why i would have to. if some one might have a clue about what that noise may be please drop me a line!!!!!

thx!!!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
HEMIDAZE
AF Regular

Re: 01 Dodge Ram (318) Sqeaky Brakes and drive belt

Front brakes have not been adjustable for decades.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
HEMIDAZE
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIDAZE
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph209
i had to take the front tires off, pull off the brake pads and ADJUST THEM so they wouldn't stick to the disk! if you don't have anything useful to reply, then don't!!!!!

Front pads are not adjustable no matter what you do to them. If you don't know what you are doing, don't do it.

I apologize!!!! I guess I got my first reply from the know-it-all of the forum. I read your responses to other peoples threads and you definately sound like a know-it-all prick!!!!!
All I wanted was some useful advice on how to fix a certain problem and all i got was bullshit waste of time comment!!!!!
If you in fact do know it all, then please give me some helpful advice about the problems I am having.
I did not start this account to insult people or so to speak troll!!! I just want some help!!!!!
\
I am not a know it all, but if you think you adjusted the front brakes you did not. My post simply stated the facts. You don't have to like it, but you do have to live with it.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
xfeejayx
AF Regular

angry much?
though I agree Hemidaze's comment wasn't directly useful, it wasn't an attack or an insult. If you're going to stick around the forum, try to be civil, and give people the benefit of the doubt. I guess that isn't a concern since you're leaving?

You said you 'adjusted them away from the rotor'. what he's telling you is that isn't an adjustment. Those pads are controlled by the calipers and are going right back where they were the next time you hit the brakes. So any 'adjustment' you might have made isn't going to do anything for your problem. so don't kick yourself if it didn't work, and don't waste any more of your own time on it.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
HEMIDAZE
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfeejayx
angry much?
though I agree Hemidaze's comment wasn't directly useful, it wasn't an attack or an insult. If you're going to stick around the forum, try to be civil, and give people the benefit of the doubt. I guess that isn't a concern since you're leaving?

You said you 'adjusted them away from the rotor'. what he's telling you is that isn't an adjustment. Those pads are controlled by the calipers and are going right back where they were the next time you hit the brakes. So any 'adjustment' you might have made isn't going to do anything for your problem. so don't kick yourself if it didn't work, and don't waste any more of your own time on it.
I read this post and started to suggest a cure for his problem that has worked well for me then I read that he claims to have done something that is basically impossible. My first impression was that he was one of those yahoos that post on forums for the sole purpose of starting trouble. I agree that my reply was not particularly helpfull but sometimes you get suspicious in your old age. I toned down my reply to see if that was the case. It seems to be.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #6
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Sorry guys but this thread has been closed to contain and head off any further problems.

Please refer to AF Community Guidelines on how to conduct yourselves and the rules. Your future cooperation is appreciated.

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10