Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 04:45 PM   #1
tinydancer33
AF Newbie

Unhappy HELP please trying to install a car stereo

I have an Alpine CDA-7844 and am trying to install it into my 92 Geo prism however I can't figure out which cords in the car connect to which ones on the unit. If anyone can tell me how to install this thing please, please, please tell me.
Thanks
tinydancer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:35 PM   #2
The Russian Kid
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to The Russian Kid
I have a $90 Sony Xplod CDX-CA700X, with a built-in amp and a remote controll, in my 1994 Prizm. I had to buy a kit to install it, you will probably need one too.. mine was Bosch.

I also had to put in some big washers because the bolt patern was not perfect. I did not have to take out my cupholders and I still have a little "pocket" for CDs under the stereo.

I have also replaced all speakers. The hardest part was fitting the 5-1/4 inch, 2 way speakers into the front doors . (the store didnt have any smaller speakers, hahaha) The rear deck has 6-1/2 inch, 3 way speakers.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:45 PM   #3
ricer86
AF Newbie

First off you need to go to walmart or best buy and get a wiring harness for you car. the new wiring harness plugs right into your stock harness and have the same colored wires as the cd player has.....(color to color....purple goes with purple....green with green, ect). you also need an instalation kit. again go to walmart or best buy. read the instructions and dont be nervous when it tells you to use the corolla parts. if you have anymore trouble just email me. LPstreetracer86@aol.com
ricer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:29 PM   #4
chadi
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to chadi Send a message via MSN to chadi
Re: HELP please trying to install a car stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Russian Kid
I have a $90 Sony Xplod CDX-CA700X, with a built-in amp and a remote controll, in my 1994 Prizm. I had to buy a kit to install it, you will probably need one too.. mine was Bosch.

I also had to put in some big washers because the bolt patern was not perfect. I did not have to take out my cupholders and I still have a little "pocket" for CDs under the stereo.

I have also replaced all speakers. The hardest part was fitting the 5-1/4 inch, 2 way speakers into the front doors . (the store didnt have any smaller speakers, hahaha) The rear deck has 6-1/2 inch, 3 way speakers.
how do you get the rear speakers out...i cant figure it out!?!?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion