Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 05:38 PM   #16
jszarecki
AF Newbie

Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship Scam?or Not?

ill say it again... SCP said no parts for my 1975 280. NOT the zx or teh crappy SX lines.
5 speed
32K original miles
2nd owner
jszarecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #17
Re_Joshua
AF Newbie

Who did you talk to?
Re_Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:58 PM   #18
badblucivic96
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to badblucivic96
Sponsorship

I gotta 96 Honda Civic Ex getting a K20 Rsx Type S swap in Feb. I got sponsorships from SCP and Carsponsorships.com. Now like a few people I like the SCP deal its a Partial Sponsorship not full. I only had a problem with a guy in shipping thinkin that MO was for Montana and its really for Missouri. Carsponsorships.com can kiss my ass cuz their shit they got is mostly bullshit. My friend in our car club has gotten a sponsorship from SCP also and hasn't had any problems at all with them. He drives a red SRT 4 with mods. You can check us out at www.untamed-tuners.com
badblucivic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:36 PM   #19
Re_Joshua
AF Newbie

I'm not alone Hehe yeah sometimes s*** happens in shipping. The only reason I know what MO is, well I live in Missouri, lol. BTW, them are some nice cars in UT, good luck with your and your friends cars. Also the guys down at the shipping company, FedEX or whatever, should have looked at the ZIP code and street #s only. No need for City, State on shipping lables...Hince the reason zip codes are around.
Re_Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:59 PM   #20
bukowskimouski
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to bukowskimouski
Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship contract

sorry i had to dig this one up.

anyone have a scan of the contract?
i just signed up and stuff and a guy calledand left a message saying that they would "HELP OUT" not out right pay. but, since i just signed up, i'm still in it and according to their FAQ they don't charge you 89 bucks unless they get you a $10k or more contract. and i don't know how accurate i am about that. but even for slight discounts i'm pretty cool with paying 89 bucks.

but we'll see

in the mean time, did anyone get their contract? how fast? can you scan it and show me what it looks like?

thanks
bukowskimouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:59 PM   #21
bukowskimouski
AF Newbie

Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship contract

i just signed up and stuff and a guy calledand left a message saying that they would "HELP OUT" not out right pay. but, since i just signed up, i'm still in it and according to their FAQ they don't charge you 89 bucks unless they get you a $10k or more contract. and i don't know how accurate i am about that. but even for slight discounts i'm pretty cool with paying 89 bucks.

but we'll see

in the mean time, did anyone get their contract? how fast? can you scan it and show me what it looks like?

thanks
Old 02-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #22
polarexpress17
AF Newbie

ok i know this is an old topic, and i only have 1 post so far, but if this gotnos guy is the same person i know, he knows all about scams

he used to be a member on the old version of www.aleromod.com, anyways he said he needed a bulk buy type thing to have a replica of an alero made(matchbox, or plastic model, it was different everytime someone asked) a bunch of members payed 20 bucks to him, and you know what they got.......

NOTHING!

there was a member however who was highly pissed off, he took this gotnos guy to court, and not suprisingly won.

this MIGHT not be the same guy, but his username on that forum was exactly the same....
polarexpress17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:31 PM   #23
Drifter X
AF Newbie

I got my g/f the Sponsorship with SCP. Her contract only took a few days to come. And she kept getting packages from them since then. She gots the 10 Grand Co-op. Which has been working out pretty straight. And just today She got my buddy coze a sponsorship with SCP, and he gets 20,000 grand. They said something about throwing a larger motor in his vehicle. -shrugs-. SCP is up to 55 percent off all the parts. So they say. And they havent proven us wrong yet. I guess it all depends on who you talk to at SCP.
Drifter X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #24
Drifter X
AF Newbie

Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukowskimouski

but we'll see

thanks
I can probably put up a scan tomorrow. Its a couple pages. But it starts out in big bold print of how much they are allowing you to use from their 'bank'. And the kind of sponsorship you have. They tell you the guidelines to sustain your contract, and clearly specify that what's left over doesn't roll over to the next year. But you can renew your contract for cash that next coming year. Etc Etc. Go to this show. go to that. Race or Show. Wear their logos.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:26 AM   #25
bukowskimouski
AF Newbie

i FINALLY got the contract.
yeah, its pretty lame i guess.
but... upto 55%.
since i'm broke and not even anymore closer to a real sponsorship, if they can do any discount, then i probably will go for it.

so....
should i or shouldn't it?
i dunno, i haven't sent it back yet.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #26
Drifter X
AF Newbie

I would recommend asking for mike or chris, and see the quanity of different parts they have for your car and the discounts you could most likely receive on them. If it out weighs paying for the sponsorship, then hell go for it. I would.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:32 PM   #27
90civicrider
www.DecepticonRacing.com

These companies are SCAMMERS..

All these post's from people saying it's legit are fucking liers and working for SCP or CS..

for the mean time.. chow on this ...
SCAMMERS
SCAMMERS
SCAMMERS
SCAMMERS

SCAMMERS
SCAMMERS
SCAMMERS
SCAMMERS
Old 06-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #28
FGRWNUP
AF Newbie

Alright...here goes. First off, I am not affiliated with either of these companies as far as employment goes. However, I have been sponsored by carsponsorships.com for more than a year now. I was at the Cleveland HIN show with my club (which won Best Crew: rolled with 35 cars) when I saw the booth for carsponsorships.com. They had some nice cars in there and three guys who owned them trying to sign people up. I drive a '96 Sunfire GT that I'd been autocrossing for some time (so all my mods are suspension) and wanted to get into showing. I signed up. They took my money. There were only a few companies that had parts for my car (surprise, surprise) since everyone's focus is on imports, however: I got free window tinting from Gila...5 rolls of the stuff. If you're priced it, it goes for almost $20 a roll. So that alone made up for my membership fee. I ordered a set of Colorstorm 16 million color underbody LED's...for a stupid low price nobody could match...even E-Bay. I got paint for my car...everything needed...for under $200 bucks for a top of the line one-stage custom paint. Nobody could match that price for the product I wanted! I got 17" Devino wheels and Toyo tires through WheelsNext.com through carsponsorships.com and paid...well, about what a Corvette owner would pay for two tires...for EVERYTHING...mounted, balanced, shipped to the house. So, was my $89 bucks worth it? Damn straight! I've saved well over $1000 already! It's just like anything else, you have to work it. I send them pictures of my vehicle constantly, every time I upgrade it. The last time I did, the person in charge of Gila called and offered me the tint for my car. It took a week to get here, but it's 5 whole rolls! I can do three cars with that! It's getting put on my car this weekend Yeah, I was disappointed with the stuff that's NOT available for my car through them, but with the savings I've gotten, it's still been worth it. They told me up front that this was NOT full sponsorship, but QUASI, meaning discounts. It's like anything else, shop around, make sure it's right for you and...IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD $89 DON'T SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING NO MATTER WHAT THEY PROMISE YOU! Geezus guys...common sense here. Yeah, it was a risk...but for me it's paid off. I got my contracts within two weeks. They were succinct and easily understood. I signed them, sent them back and the rest is history. The only people getting free stuff in this sport are the ones that can afford to deck out a car from top to bottom to begin with. Don't think your Neon's gonna so instill wanton desire in a company that they're gonna throw 20 grand at you! You have to put in the work first. Common sense people.
FGRWNUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #29
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Before anyone considers being "sponsored" by
these companies, I would suggest reading this thread.

If you want to know how real sponsorships work
and what it takes to get them, I would recommend reading this book.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:00 AM   #30
Bunique
AF Newbie

Quote Requested On 6/23/2007
Quote Sent On 6/25/2007
Estimated Purchase Date1/1/2008
Vendor ............................Part.................. .. #Description...................... Qty............ Advertised Price .........Member Cost
Options Auto Salon .........hks-32018-az002 ......HKS legamax exhaust ...........1................ $876.00 ..................$856.29
Options Auto Salon .........tp-11540050 ............Greddy turbo kit ..................1 ................$3,596.00 ...............$3,515.09
Options Auto Salon .........tp-14043009 ............Greddy grex strut bar front ....1 ................$114.00 .................$111.83
Options Auto Salon .........tp-14043010 ............Greddy grex strut bar rear .....1 ................$114.00 ..................$111.83
Options Auto Salon .........hks-80040-xz001 ......HKS hypermax rs coilover kit ..1 ................$1,573.00 ...............$1,595.62
.............Notes:I don't plan on ordering all at once, But maybe a few items at a time.
.................................................. .............................................Shipp ing & Handling .......................................$0.00
.................................................. .............................................Sales Tax .................................................. ..$0.00
...........THIS IS THE PRICE QUOTE THEY(SCP) GAVE ME. ...................Extended Cost .......................................$6,190.66
.............................SOME DISCOUNT. ..........................................Co-op Dollars Used ......................................$82.34
.....I QUALLIFIED FOR THE $10,000.00 "SEMI-PRO SPONSORSHIP" ........Co-op Dollars Available ...........................$10,000.00
.................................................. ..............................................Co-op Dollars Remaining After Purchase...... $9,917.66
I signed up last week after getting a call from some guy about the application I filled out. He got me all excited and said he'd call me back after he talked to his superviser. So I said ok. When he called me back I told him that I didn't know if this was the right or not to sign up and that I would like to sign at the end of summer. (I had a few different reasons) He told that sponsorships are not always available and that I wouldn't have to enter any shows, but only show up at them. I said alright.....Here I am a week later. I went onto their affiliated partner site and requested some price quotes on few parts for my car. (I drive an Rx8) I was pumped and checking a few times a day to get their response. I've got about 1500 bucks and I was trying to figue out what parts to spend it on. I was a little dissapointed with thier response. Especially cause the guy on the phone said that they pay 50% of the parts and I pay the other half. Do the math. $82.34 is nowhere near 50% of the totall. I could even get some parts cheaper if I didn't go though them. Scam? Maybe, but they do offer discounts(not 50%. More like 1.3%) I'm gonna call my guy up tomorrow and be like WTF. I'll let yall know how it goes.
Bunique is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car