Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 12:09 PM   #1
gotnos
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gotnos Send a message via Yahoo to gotnos
Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship (Team SCP) Scam?or Not?

I found some disturbing info on here about SCP....which I was going through the same thing...paid $88 and nothing..no contract/sponsorship package. So yesterday I call SCP pro and let them no about my previous project car and that I've been sponsored by many large manufacture in the past and have proof. After proving how I can impact SCP in a negative way, I let them know that I'm 33 years of age and will sue SCP if they do not clear up the people they took money from. But need I remind SCP sponsorship is not free parts. It is discount parts so you can afford to mod your car. If you are one of these people WHO PAID $88 and got nothing CONTACT "TY" at SCP marketing dept. tell him you would like your SCP sponsorship package, and that Kyle Gilbert <--me..Is seeing that your package is fullfilled. SCP #1-888-333-7621. I hope that I've have helped anyone on here about SCP.

Kyle Gilbert
gotnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 04:54 PM   #2
BlownPony306
AF Newbie

Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship Scam?or Not?

Don't mean to dig up an old topic but I had to post on this. I had signed up for the sponsorship and it's pretty much a scam. They aren't providing sponsorship. They are providing "discounted" parts. And the discount is really not anything. I just spoke to them today about a supercharger for my Mustang and their "discounted price" is 500 dollars more then what I can buy it from a distributor I work with. They say they are covering the difference between retail and their price which equals out to nothing. All they are is getting you a better then retail price. So in fact they aren't actually giving you anything. The fact they call it a sponsorship is a lie. If you want me to put your name on my car you are gonna have to give me more then crappy wholesale pricing. This was totally misrepresented to me by I think Ty and Lee the guy that originally got me in touch with Ty. I was told they'd give me the parts I needed up front in order to get my car done, which is obviously not the case. Just an FYI for anyone thinking about doing this.
BlownPony306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:42 PM   #3
rsxgurl888
AF Newbie

Yea these people are total liars. they make everything sound great on the phone, they tell you you will pay 88 dolllars for a membership fee, but yet I
get charged a week later, and 5 months later I still have no contract. Please don't fall for this it's a total scam!
rsxgurl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:28 AM   #4
Cimby
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Cimby Send a message via Yahoo to Cimby
Hoax

I'm glad I didn't send them money. My parents said it was a hoax. I should have listened. But hey, they didn't get money. I'm glad I looked on here first.
Cimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:41 AM   #5
Re_Joshua
AF Newbie

Not a Scam...

I've delt with the guys and gals over at SCP for a couple of years now. They sponsored my old 98 Eclipse that I didn't get to much done on.

Now they are sponsoring my 89 240sx which, with there help I've got tons of things already done to it. And I've only been working on it since May. Sr20det swap, Greddy FMIC, Greddy BOV, etc etc etc. If it wasn't for these people I wouldn't be taking my newly swaped 240sx out for a drive tomorrow.

I DO NOT have a full sponsorship from them. They just give me a huge discount on anything I want for my car. So that is how they make their money...they give me huge discounts on parts and you buy from them. It's a simple idea and has been going on in the automotive community since partial sponsorships started. SCP just gives you the ability to go through one company, rather than trying to get a hundred sponsorships, you just need one.

Know, some people say it's a scam...heck, they were telling me that when I signed up with them, now those people I personally know that said it was a scam either are signed with SCP or tried to get signed with SCP.

The only thing you really have to do it put the parts on your car (may cost, depends on level of sponsorship) and attend 3 events every 12 months. It's all about giving out a whole lot of parts to get the company name all over the place...the best marketing tool is a sponsorship.

If you have any questions just let me know, email me and I'll answer away.

*EDIT* Hmmm. No know I know has had a problem with multi charging accounts. As in paying the $88 more than once.

Notice how it is called a sponsorship...hehe guess people don't understand that there are levels of sponsorship...Partial=Discount, Full=Free.

SCP used to be Racer-X...
Re_Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 03:48 PM   #6
civicdxtuner1991
AF Newbie

Re: Not a Scam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re_Joshua
I've delt with the guys and gals over at SCP for a couple of years now. They sponsored my old 98 Eclipse that I didn't get to much done on.

Now they are sponsoring my 89 240sx which, with there help I've got tons of things already done to it. And I've only been working on it since May. Sr20det swap, Greddy FMIC, Greddy BOV, etc etc etc. If it wasn't for these people I wouldn't be taking my newly swaped 240sx out for a drive tomorrow.

I DO NOT have a full sponsorship from them. They just give me a huge discount on anything I want for my car. So that is how they make their money...they give me huge discounts on parts and you buy from them. It's a simple idea and has been going on in the automotive community since partial sponsorships started. SCP just gives you the ability to go through one company, rather than trying to get a hundred sponsorships, you just need one.

Know, some people say it's a scam...heck, they were telling me that when I signed up with them, now those people I personally know that said it was a scam either are signed with SCP or tried to get signed with SCP.

The only thing you really have to do it put the parts on your car (may cost, depends on level of sponsorship) and attend 3 events every 12 months. It's all about giving out a whole lot of parts to get the company name all over the place...the best marketing tool is a sponsorship.

If you have any questions just let me know, email me and I'll answer away.

*EDIT* Hmmm. No know I know has had a problem with multi charging accounts. As in paying the $88 more than once.

Notice how it is called a sponsorship...hehe guess people don't understand that there are levels of sponsorship...Partial=Discount, Full=Free.

SCP used to be Racer-X...
This is Jonathan. I have just recently sent in a contract to SCP and was wondering how much longer i have to get my next sponsorship packet. I have a premium level sponsorship. WHat does this mean
civicdxtuner1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
Re_Joshua
AF Newbie

hmmm

Well the best advice can tell you, call them. I don't work there so I don't know how long it would take for them to get you your stuff. It varies a lot.

The premium level, no idea what that means. Its been quite sometime since I did the whole contract thing.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:17 PM   #8
jszarecki
AF Newbie

hey all..just reged to post for this... but ill eb coming back here.

i also got a call from SCP and carsponsorships.com. they were very excited telling me i was sponsored for this an that. im a endorsed musician so i knwo a bit abotu being sponsored. again i said theyu were very helpful and excited in trying to find me stuff i coudl qualify for until....

i told them what kinda car i have. 1975 280Z 5 speed, slightly modified.

they said, well, we have stereo and decal and lightig kits.. i said i dont need/want those. do you haev any body kits, engine parts, etc?

they said they are not affiliated with any engine co's as street racing si illegal. i told them im a registered/licenced autocrosser and the guy (SCOTT his name was) didnt knwo what that meant.

anyway, after 30 minutes on the phone, no one there coudl find me anything for the car. he said he was gonna send me soem paperwork and soem decals and id get em in 2 weeks. i said fine.

THAN it hits me. after i hung up i realized i filled out something online to get this fool to call me anyway. and lo and behold i saw an 88 dollar charge on my card the next day. ive since had it reveresed with my bank, thank god! so well see what happenes next.

PLEASE FOR TEH SAKE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY. DO NOT SEND THEM MONEY. I DONT KNWO ABOTU CARS, BUT IN MUSIC REALITY YOU NEVER HAVE TO SEND ANYONE MONEY TO GET STUFF. that only happens if lets say you get a 75% off deal, than of course you pay the differance.

speaking of the co's these guys use, i went to all there sites and the stuff looks liek crap. oh i almost forgot, he offered me verticle doors. i said thast cool, if i get them for free. he saoid no, about 1500. i can get teh kits myself from a magazeene cheeper than that! the best part is, is they say they have deals with dunlop, so i asked abotu tires...and guess what. they couldnt even find anythign to fit my rims...wierd. they are STOCK NISSAN RIMS! idiots.

see kids, if this was a REAL endoresement company they woudl find you stuff that woudl work in your car!!!!!

striek 3 with me. anyone else actually take pix of there "products installed" lets see them
5 speed
32K original miles
2nd owner
jszarecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:15 PM   #9
Re_Joshua
AF Newbie

Wanna see some installed parts...here goes... SR20det powered 89 240sx sponsored by Sport Compact Pro.

http://www.rewerkd.net/240sx/gallery/full/016.jpg
http://www.rewerkd.net/240sx/gallery/full/009.jpg

I've been dealing with SCP! for a few years now, 2 different vehicles now too. Also SCP and Carsponsorships.com are different companies. SCP has affiliations with lots of engine/suspension and whatever performance part companies. Hense all the Greddy/Trust parts on my car... FMIC, BOV, Hot Pipe, and Oil Pan. Just picking up a new top mount manifold for a T4 turbo that is going on the car along with new injectors, intake (not induction system, full intake manifold...greddy of coarse). I've also got a RSR down pipe and may be switching over to there exhaust sometime this winter (down-time) also. This car is being set up for AutoCross. So I think your getting SCP and CarSponsorships.com mixed up. I would never take back getting my sponsorship from SCP for anything...saved me lots of money of the years. Heck, saved $200 alone of the body kit for my old eclipse.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:29 AM   #10
guest_1
AF Newbie

Scp=scam

Man...SCP is nothing but scam...a lady name Briana called me and excitedly said that there was a position available for my car...she was making up all this bullshit that a civic in my area just got totalled and so I was replacing his position. She said that i will get a pool of money of 12,000 bones to use. the catch is that I had to buy something from one of their 300 manufacturer and they WILL cover at least 55% of what I buy. So she gave me an example: "lets say you buy a bodykit for 1000 dollars...we will cover at least 500 of it." The only thing was that I had to pay $88 dollars...wtf...she then said that $79 of it is tax deductable...is that crazy or what. I also had to put their gay decal on my car and attend at least 4 racer shows. She aslo said that for each person that you refered them to..you will also get 10 bones for that....and you could also earn money if you win at car shows. I then told her that i wanted to think about it first because it sounded too good to be true and she was like...."today's the last day that we have to get these applications in so it will be too late if you had to think about it." A couple of days later and they were still calling people up and I'm like wtf....i thought that their deadline for their applications were done a few days ago. So SCP IS A SCAM !!!!!
guest_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:22 PM   #11
Re_Joshua
AF Newbie

Re: Scp=scam

How does that say that they are a scam...your just pointing out that they are a business doing business. And you said you could make money showing off your car, lol. What is so wrong with that? Seems like your just to affraid to take a chance so you talk bad about a company you know nothing about. SCP has had a bump or two in the past, well that is what makes a company a company. My father, brother, grandpa, grandma, and I are (my grandpa and grandma are no long alive) self-employed. I know what kind of crap happens when your a new business. Which your considered a "new" business from 1-5 years; which I do believe SCP is in year 3 or 4. Oh yeah got some other cool news. If SCP is a scam then how come when I went to Tulsa, Oklahoma (about 110 miles from where I live) I found a few people sponsored by SCP that enjoyed doing business with them. Tampa, Florida was the same way, except I was at a car show and noticed 3 cars that were sponsored by SCP.

Just do me a favor and stop talking crap on a company that you dont know about nor have you done business with personally. I PERSONALLY have had slight problems with SCP, but that was an employee and that person is no longer there...problem fixed. Since then I have had ZERO problems and everyone there has always been very kind to me. Hense the reason my car is going to be running SCCA Solo Street Modified Class spring/summer and on in 2006. It's been a dream of mine to build a RWD and run autocross, and without SCP there is no way I would be even attempting to start nor work on my project car.

The automotive industry is a lot like the paintball industry, people talk crap just because they can....I deal with that with my company atleast once a week and 9/10 times the person that is talking crap on me and my company hasn't even ever done business with me; 1/2 the time out of those 9 the person hasn't even EVER contacted me. And from what I've noticed SCP deals with the 9/10 times but 99% of the people never contacted them. So my conclusion on this whole article, this is actually kind of funny. If your thinking about dealing with SCP please shoot me a PM or email if you have questions, I've been though the contract thing and all that before. Later all.

EDIT: new links to those pictures of my project that I posted before, it now has new P/S lines and is getting a T04 upgrade with a "V" mount radiator/intercooler setup...custom!

http://www.rewerkd.net/personal/009.jpg
http://www.rewerkd.net/personal/016.jpg
Old 12-28-2005, 12:26 PM   #12
jszarecki
AF Newbie

like that last paragraph made any damn sence... like someone said earlier. you dont pay to play!
5 speed
32K original miles
2nd owner
Old 12-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #13
Re_Joshua
AF Newbie

Yeah it makes since...people talk crap all the time, nothing you can do about it...it's just high school bs.

You don't pay to play? Explain clubs...pay anywhere from $5.00-$20.00 to dance and BUY drinks. You do pay to play. The simple $80 dollars of whatever is to weed out those who have no money at all to work on there cars. So that they do not have worthless contracts out. It's a simple concept and seems to get the job done.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:36 PM   #14
jszarecki
AF Newbie

get the job done for suckers. i refuse to pay a cover in a club..unless there is abnd playing.

as for cars. YOU DONT PAY FOR ENDORSEMENTS. if your car is really special, youll get noticed. still think its crap, cause SCP has NO parts for my car at all. crap. they guy told me parts dont exist for my car, which is crap cause you can buy them everywhere in SoCal.

either way... scam.
5 speed
32K original miles
2nd owner
Old 12-28-2005, 02:42 PM   #15
Re_Joshua
AF Newbie

"YOU DONT PAY FOR ENDORSEMENTS" ???

I remember back about 15 years ago, saw a commercial on TV advertising a company that you had to pay around $50.00 a month for discounts on your medican supplies. I to thought it was a scan until my aunt started using that same company. She was spending upwords to $1000 a month on medical supplies and medication. After she joined this $50 a month service (even after paying the 50 a month) she saved on average of 400 dollars a month. It turned out that this "scam" wasn't so much of a scam at all. And, now a days there are tons of these "endosement" medical companies around that are booming in today's industry.

This applies to SCP also, this whole "pay for endorsements" is new to the automotive industry, so people say it's a scam. Hell, I sure don't mind paying $88 dollars ONCE to save $125 dollars on my first part I ordered...after that it was pure savings. Tell me how that is a scam? It's pretty much called "an endorsement fee," if you want to see it that way I guess that is what it would be called.

Oh, btw, SCP has ties with HKS, to which HKS makes parts for your 280zx...i know this because my brothers 280 had (before he sold it) an HKS intercooler kit. I do have to admit that "production" parts for a 280sx are few and far between. Most of the parts my brother had on his 1983 280zx 2.8T where custom or like the turbo upgrade, put together by him. It's simple, the 280zx (in the market) is a dead car. You have your lovers of the 280 out there that dont care if they make parts for the car, they will make them themselves; that is about it when it comes to 280zx owners. Alot of parts that go onto 280s are "universal" parts, just the way it seems to go.

"if your car is really special, youll get noticed."
Well sometimes, like in my case, people need to to get their car to that "special" stage. And that is what SCP has been doing for me...helps me get the parts and I, personally, put them on.

You may not pay for cover in a club, but 100s of thousands of people do, so something must be going right. Personally I wouldn't go to a club w/o a cover, you have a lot less problem going to clubs w/o bums. "Bums" just cause problems, everyone who has walked into one of those "back water" country bars knows this. I can thank Alabama for that one...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car