Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
A word from your friendly moderator

It seems as though a lot has happened in the last 6 weeks or so ... including me having some "computer issues." To put the record straight in public, my PaulD'revenge name was banned because having duplicate names is not allowed, my moderator title was taken while an investigation was done because they thought someone had stolen my ID somehow. A lot of misunderstandings that have been cleared up now.

Now for the "meat" of the msg. There are some new people running the AF boards and they are INSISTENT that the rules and guidelines be kept and I agree that it would be better for AF community. When you signed up, you agreed to follow the AF guidelines.

Click here to read the guidelines http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Here are some highlights (in my own words):

1 No inflammatory or foul language or comments. If you disagree with someone, that's fine - heaven knows I like a good argument as much as the next guy, but try and keep to the facts. Failure to follow this will result in a warning - further instances are grounds for being banned. Trust me on this one, if I don't - one of the new admins will.

2 No spamming. Please do not respond to spammers, I will delete the spam as soon as I can get to it.

3 No links to other bulletin boards with a similiar content of AF. It would be nice to keeps the answers and discussions right here.

I am always open to suggestions to make this little corner of AF better. It's here for OUR enjoyment.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:33 PM   #2
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: A word from your friendly moderator

3 - what if there's a nice educational discussion about an advanced topic over at ECA or CAF that just...well...wouldn't be possible here. Can we still not link to it to help answer the thread starter's question, so long as it's applicable?

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD

the conversation can be carried on here too ..... most of the knowlegeable people about car stereo already know about all of these sites. The point of the rules was to not encourage people to go elsewhere for answers to their questions. I think if we started thinking that way, we would draw in and keep some more knowlegeable people.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:17 AM   #4
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD
the conversation can be carried on here too ..... most of the knowlegeable people about car stereo already know about all of these sites. The point of the rules was to not encourage people to go elsewhere for answers to their questions. I think if we started thinking that way, we would draw in and keep some more knowlegeable people.
A dodge forum I belong to just did this, and I got banned for it.

It is gay. Completely rediculous and unnecessary.

nG
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:15 AM   #5
biggbabysweetz1
AF Regular

a step in the right direction if you ask me... good to hear everything got all sorted out and your back in action!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio