Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:35 AM   #1
Aiden2002
AF Newbie

250cc sport bike with fuel injection

I was wondering if one exists. If so what is it? The reason I ask is because I want a good beginner bike that has room to grow. I drive a Honda Civic, which should tell you that my motto is technology is the replacement for displacement. Fuel injection is technology (great for a turbo, hehe) Also since I drive a Civic, that is an almost dead giveaway that image is important, which is why I want a sport bike.
Aiden2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 04:01 PM   #2
Aiden2002
AF Newbie

If there isn't a 250cc 4 stroke street bike with fuel injection, what would it take to get fuel injection on the Ninja 250R?
Old 06-23-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

Re: 250cc sport bike with fuel injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden2002
If there isn't a 250cc 4 stroke street bike with fuel injection, what would it take to get fuel injection on the Ninja 250R?

fuel injection is only relatively new to the bikes. i don't think the CBR250RR would be FI.

as for modifying a bike to take injectors, room is farely tight and most parts are moulded around others so making room will be harder than you think.

the best inline 4's are the CBR250RR, FZR250RR and ZX2R. all redline at 19000 and pump out the best power for a 250 except for 2 strokes
Old 06-24-2005, 10:21 PM   #4
Aces0vr8s
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aces0vr8s Send a message via Yahoo to Aces0vr8s
if you drive a civic your obviously not accustomed to speed go buy a goldwing it will still imbarass your civic in a quarter also the big bulky saddle bags are kinda like that big wing on the back of your car except the saddle bags actualy have a use they hold stuff!
Aces0vr8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 02:43 AM   #5
Aiden2002
AF Newbie

Um my civic doesn't have a big ass wing. And big ass wings have a purpose, it's called downforce. Goldwings look like shit, IMO. Like i said in my first post, it's got to have a certain style.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:14 AM   #6
o|||||||o
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to o|||||||o

If it is style you are looking for over function then I am not sure why you are even bothering looking at a 250. They are a great beginner bike for someone to learn on, but you seem like you are looking to make it look pretty moreso than actually ride it (Thats what I get from your posts anyway.)

I wouldn't really want to turbocharge a Ninja 250 (even if it was fuel injected.) That is an absolute waste of money. You would spend close to what the bike is worth to upgrade the performance and would still not have the adjustable suspension and probably the horsepower output of the average 600cc sportbike.

Oh, and I am not sure what your age or experience level is. I see you are pretty hung-up on your little civic too, and let me tell you THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCHES. If you start out with a bigger (comparable in technology) motor and add the same (comparable) modifications you will end up with a better performing vehicle. The same thing is going to apply to a motorcycle. The 600cc bikes are outperformed (on paper) but the 750cc bikes, the 1000cc bikes outperform them. Now with the motorcycles you can have a GREAT rider on a 500cc outperform an okay rider on a 1000cc bike, but that is because the operator of the vehicle is the deciding factor.

Oh, and if your intentions are strictly to "pose" the bike or go fast in a straight line (which I am guessing they are) then look at an older 600cc machine - if you think you can handle it.

o|||||||o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:50 AM   #7
Aces0vr8s
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden2002
Um my civic doesn't have a big ass wing. And big ass wings have a purpose, it's called downforce. Goldwings look like shit, IMO. Like i said in my first post, it's got to have a certain style.

So your saying the downforce of a big wing helps a front wheel drive front steered vehicle as ina civic how exactly? now if you had a nice big block chevelle and put the wing on it maybe the down force would help traction considering its a rear wheel drive car but! keep in mind that youd have to be going at an excessive speed to have the down force help so therefore its pointless just tub the chevelle throw on some traction bars and go eat some rice at the strip but since im getting offtopic here once again ill say WINGS AND POINTLESS AND USELESS!
buy a gold wing or you can come take my bike out for a ride ill put life insurrance on you and upgrade myself to a new cbr 600 rr hit me up if your intrested
Old 06-28-2005, 02:56 PM   #8
Aiden2002
AF Newbie

Oh, yeah. You must be right. I almost forgot that the car is broken in the middle so that something that pushes on the back doesn't affect the front at all. They aren't as useful for frontwheel drive cars but they still add downforce. They just don't do it as efficiently as a rear wheel drive car. Now about that offer to borrow your bike.....actually nm I don't look that good in bandages.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:21 PM   #9
chubster2003
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to chubster2003 Send a message via Yahoo to chubster2003

ok buddy.. heres my

goldwings look like ass... but if i were going to go cross country i would take on in a heartbeat...

wings on cars are completely pointless.. when/where are you going to need the downforce.. NEVER.. they are for looks.. and some look good, most dont...

and dont get a bike because u like how it looks.. get a bike for how it feels.. if your going to be zipzooming around on a bike... (as you said your in it for looks and you are more than likely going to be showing off speeding being stupid) then you want a bike that you can handle.. and one you can control... my , and most everyone here's, recomendation.. start off small.. then upgrade.. who cares what you look like.. so you are driving a little 250 sport bike... you will still beat cars from the stoplight.. and after you get the feel of a motorcycle and experience upgrade to a 600 or so... and then you will look "cool" and wont kill yourself trying..

unless you have a death with then just go out and waste your money on a liter bike or busa... make sure you write a will and get some life insurance..

again only my opinon.. good luck

2006 CBR 600rr
1996 VW Golf GTI (2.slow)
1978 Chevy C-10 (350ci)

Last edited by chubster2003; 06-29-2005 at 09:27 AM.
chubster2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:39 AM   #10
Aces0vr8s
AF Regular

Re: Re: 250cc sport bike with fuel injection

Old 06-29-2005, 11:16 AM   #11
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva

So, um, I'm gonna say that you have been pwn3d Aiden...

REAL riders don't give a CRAP what you ride... only fans of Uncle Ben's care... and who cares what they think or say? They won't last long enough to affect the gene pool anyway.

When it's all said and done... if you want to learn how to ride, take the MSF course, and invest in a 250 (STOCK)

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:06 PM   #12
Aiden2002
AF Newbie

I suppose i didn't specify why i want a 250 with fuel injection. I want it because you could upgrade it. I agree a 600RR would kill my ass at the third stoplight. Also i don't have a ton of money right now so I don't want to invest in a bike that I can't upgrade in the future. I took one of those riding courses already, so i've had some time on various styles of bikes. I am more comfortable on the Ninja 250R than on any of the other bikes. Also it is a sport bike and should out handle non sport bikes.

Since no one has said that any of the 250 sport bikes have fuel injection, I'm assuming that there isn't one.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:44 PM   #13
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Aiden, I believe your actually thinking this through in an intelligent way. I don't understand why some people would rather try and get under your skin when your simply asking for some input. Just don't let em get to you. Starting off with too much of a bike can be dangerous for some people. If you feel you may get bored of the 250, perhaps you should check into some of the 400cc bikes. It would be a good blend, only with a bit of intimidation at high rpms at the beginning, but would be comfortable after you've had some experience.

And do remember what o|||||||o said, displacement isn't replaceable. But it doesn't always mean bigger is better especially in your case since you have no experience riding. Patience is a virtue, and good luck on your decision!

thats when mine starts.
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:26 PM   #14
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva

Aiden, there aren't any, and even though I like that you want to *eventually* upgrade the 250... it isn't worth it. You will get PLENTY of $$$ back out of selling the 250, though, since there is ALWAYS someone else looking to learn how to ride.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:48 AM   #15
mbrajas
AF Newbie

if you want the image of a sport bike, don't even consider the 250r. It will just disappoint you. A buddy of mine tried to start on one of those and traded it 4 months later for a 600. 600 is the way to go!
mbrajas is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes