Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 03:45 AM   #121
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

hehe, I guess I'll feel the difference later on, but rolling the throttle too fast on the sv650 has me panicked sometimes. especially with all the cages around me, the feeling of being absolutley vulnerable is a little unnerving. and here, we have more trucks/suvs and minivans, driving with blind-folds and lead-foot. all the motorcycle crashes I seen were thanks to soccer mom green mini-vans.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:48 AM   #122
flex339
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to flex339
Re: off topic/ place to chat

and WTF is it with the soccer moms that drive exrcusions and F-250 and 350's around? I blows my mind why these moms would ever get one of these. The exrcusions could pick up the whole damn team, but the trucks? Not much room for passengers and I never see the bed full. Wasteful really. Oh I almost forgot. Then they bitch, about gas prices.
flex339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 04:08 PM   #123
Too New To Know
AF Enthusiast

One cold night

I think its their attempt to feel superior on the road...

hahah just had an interesting experience this mornin;

I dropped the company car off and went to get into mine, when i realised the door handle was frozen...

Looked at the windows, ALL frozen... so i got in my car and tried to squirt some water onto the windshield, FROZEN TOO!..

Tried the windscreen wipers, FROZEN... hahahaha ended up having to wind all the windows down to see, and had to stick my head out the window the whole way home to see where i was going, i swear my snot nearly froze up in my nose, but because i could imagine the humourous site of me driving in my shi**y ole 81 diesel sedan with my head out the window at 6:00am at 2 degrees, i couldnt help but grin all the way home...

hehehe i got some pics of that r1 (i think) that i was tempted to sit on, can someone identify if its an r1 or r6? theres no stickers to tell, pics from my night in my gallery

hahahah, i just got off the topic in an off topic forum!
Old 08-15-2004, 04:31 PM   #124
Too New To Know
AF Enthusiast

hahahaha, and check this out, an old movie i remembered the other day, ive GOT to go hire this again! the review almost has me in tears!

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/385.html

yes, its bike related... slightly
Old 08-16-2004, 12:57 AM   #125
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

any of you net freaks know how to do background check? I opened a topic about it, and people claimed they can get my address over the internet just by full name and city. I said it's improbable. but the guy is going to get back to me after a while.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:15 AM   #126
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

1: Soccer Mums. one backed over my old gixer and thought she hit a bin, so pushed it out of the way!

2:r1 or r6: i can't tell for sure.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:09 AM   #127
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieidiot
1: Soccer Mums. one backed over my old gixer and thought she hit a bin, so pushed it out of the way!

in parking lot I assume?
Old 08-16-2004, 03:33 AM   #128
Too New To Know
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: off topic/ place to chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Fanatic

in parking lot I assume?
im guessing it was in the driveway, dont you yanks put bins out on certain days for garbage collection?? ... freaks

As for the ability to get your address, im sure a decent hacker could get into your isp account and find the billing procedures, atleast getting your full name and your bank card number or postal address, depending on how you pay, or simply looking at the name you've chosen to install microsoft products, like the splash screen that starts when you open word or powerpoint, when installing the product you get the option to put in your name, some people put there full name which would be up for grabs to any hacker with a brain.... sucks hey?
Old 08-16-2004, 03:36 AM   #129
Too New To Know
AF Enthusiast

a slighty tech question:

with naked sportsbikes, are they just as safe at high speed as the full fairing type? i love the look of some of these bikes, but want to know any of their downsides compared to normal sportsbikes
Old 08-16-2004, 03:52 AM   #130
Too New To Know
AF Enthusiast

also, another naked sportsbike identification test, in my gallery, the yellow thing good luck
Old 08-16-2004, 04:10 AM   #131
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: off topic/ place to chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too New To Know
im guessing it was in the driveway, dont you yanks put bins out on certain days for garbage collection?? ... freaks

As for the ability to get your address, im sure a decent hacker could get into your isp account and find the billing procedures, atleast getting your full name and your bank card number or postal address, depending on how you pay, or simply looking at the name you've chosen to install microsoft products, like the splash screen that starts when you open word or powerpoint, when installing the product you get the option to put in your name, some people put there full name which would be up for grabs to any hacker with a brain.... sucks hey?
yes I guess we do have bins in the driveway. but our family lived a lifestyle where we would throw the trash out in a central unit outside. so didn't have to bother with garbage falling off front of the driveway.

I know all those things, but since Im not a hacker, I don't know how to go about it. So I'm up for bids, I wanted to know if someone could get my current home address just by full name and city alone. don't worry, lol, I keep nothing worth of value for someone to steal at my apartment.

with naked bikes, you will suffer a little handling, especially if you don't have windscreen and riding on the freeways at high speed.

Btw, I could have told you if it was R1 or R6, if you hadn't blocked FRONT OF THE BIKE. lol.

Dammit Boyo, what're you doing with your tongue? It's not like you're in front of a cat.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:47 AM   #132
Too New To Know
AF Enthusiast

ohhhhh me either, ive got an old mate who'd do it in minutes, but his an arrogant stuck up little bitch and i dont associate with him anymore

shit! am i really in the way of the bike or are you just playing around??!? and as for the tongue thing, havent you seen dumb and dumber?

to everyone: name some naked bikes for me to have a look at.. The Aprillia Tuono is pretty nice.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:03 PM   #133
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

1: the soccer mum walked out the front door of a newsagency right past my bike. then jumped in her car and backed over it

2: Lyndon's a dickhead. fancy putting ya tongue on a bit of ice.
the way to tell if its a stock R1 or R6 is the front forks. upside down is R1. the swingarm has a brace that is normally associated with litre bike's but i'm no R series expert.

3:The Aprilla had a good report in a current Superbike magazine
Old 08-16-2004, 04:08 PM   #134
Too New To Know
AF Enthusiast

blayne:

1: HAHAHAHAHAH what a dumb bitch, what happened? did you ram yourself into her car like your attempt to get back at the dad and the kid?

2: i was delerious i tell ya.. nightshift does strange things

3: wouldnt be talking about Performance Bikes again would we? because that's where i saw it

4: Good morning
Old 08-16-2004, 04:56 PM   #135
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

yes, you're blocking the front, look at the picture. OZland is weird, it's cold there now I presume? So what do you call the current season, fall or winter? lol.

naked bikes: look up sv650s. cheap, light, and can give those Duc Monsters run for their money.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes