Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
mcastiglione95
AF Newbie

Post Which car should I buy? Help!

I'm looking to buy a used car and don't know where to start. My last car was a Chevy Silverado extended cab with the 8 foot box (my work necessitated it), which was a BOAT. I never quite learned to deal with the size while parking it and backing up and such, and I hit two parked cars in 6 months. That, along with some other factors, are the reason for the change. I've defined some criteria for what I'm looking for:

-It must be a sedan and seat at least 4

-It must be a manual transmission

-It must offer AWD. This one is the most important, and the reason I decided to ask for advice on a forum. I understand not all AWD are made the same and some handle better than others in snow, but the dealers and car companies don't tell you that. I live in the Northeast, so I need something that won't leave me stranded any time there's snowfall

-MPG and dependability are always a plus!!

-My budget is $7,000

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated
mcastiglione95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: Which car should I buy? Help!

Okay, it seems you want utility AWD - that is, for bad weather and rough roads. I suggest look to Subaru.

Many other AWD/manual shift cars are designed for superior on-road performance, and not specifically intended for bad weather and rough roads. They are generally higher-end cars, most likely either out of your price range, or in poor condition.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A