Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #16
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

Re: 99 Ram still no heat

The book shows 2 vacuum diaphram "motors" which show as windshield/heater outlet control and windshield/panel outlet control.
The blend door control is from a small electric motor...the dash has to be removed to access it.

"Cornbread Red", 2001 Dodge 2500,4X4,HO Cummins Diesel,QC,SWB,6spd.,Banks boost&pyro,US Gage fuel press.,Edge Drag Comp,4"exh.,cowl hood, bhaf, black Holley pump, 140gph...13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, kevlar/ceramic single disc clutch, cheapo fuel cooler, 8x.010" vco injector nozzles, Cat turbo 62-65-.70A/R, 497hp 1089 tq 8/25/14

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Chris Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #17
90sabre
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
The book shows 2 vacuum diaphram "motors" which show as windshield/heater outlet control and windshield/panel outlet control.
The blend door control is from a small electric motor...the dash has to be removed to access it.
Thanks for the response, it looks like the trouble is my heater core. I flushed it out with clear water and now the heat works great! I'm assuming this means eventually my heater core needs to be replaced but maybe I can get by til spring...
90sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #18
angus10
AF Regular

You'll know when you need to replace it. You'll smell AF in the cab, the windsheld will get fogged when you have the drefroster on , a puddle will devolop on the passenger side floor. One or all the above can happen. I wouldn't worry about it, enjoy the heat and just keep an eye on it.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #19
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

Talking Re: 99 Ram still no heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sabre
Thanks for the response, it looks like the trouble is my heater core. I flushed it out with clear water and now the heat works great!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sabre
I'm assuming this means eventually my heater core needs to be replaced but maybe I can get by til spring...
Clogging doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the heater core...it's like a small radiator.

"Cornbread Red", 2001 Dodge 2500,4X4,HO Cummins Diesel,QC,SWB,6spd.,Banks boost&pyro,US Gage fuel press.,Edge Drag Comp,4"exh.,cowl hood, bhaf, black Holley pump, 140gph...13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, kevlar/ceramic single disc clutch, cheapo fuel cooler, 8x.010" vco injector nozzles, Cat turbo 62-65-.70A/R, 497hp 1089 tq 8/25/14

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Chris Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #20
truckbro
AF Newbie

some of these symptoms could be a broken blend door. I found a kit that repairs the broken blend door problem with no dash removal and takes about an hour. The kit is called the HeaterTreater and they have installation videos on youtube. check it out: www.heatertreater.net
truckbro is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10