Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #1
Steel
AF Fanatic

It finally happened..

I dropped my bike

But, since its uber cool and has no fairings, the only damage was a broken off clutch lever ball. But i like to think of it as a FREE shorty lever!

The guys i was riding with before that happened were asking me why i didn't put full fairings on it, and were aghast when I told them i even took OFF the chin fairing. After it fell and we inspected it with no damage i said, "And that's ANOTHER reason why I don't want fairings!"

SV rule.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
coppersv1000s
AF Newbie

Re: It finally happened..

i was getting crap from a guy with a gixxer 1k last night because i dont have fairings. he was also giving me crap for having a dual exhaust. hey that's why i bought the bike.! to each his own though. thats good that only your ball broke off and nothing else. it is never fun when one of your balls gets busted.
coppersv1000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva

I guess it's obligatory that the 3rd SV owner of the forum chime in...

Glad the bike was relatively unharmed. Just know that broken levers can be SHARP - I have personal experience with such things (from the Seca - may it rust in pieces).

I really need to take my economic stimulus check and invest in some frame sliders just to be safe... Speaking of - any suggestions from the peanut gallery? I really want to make a decision ASAP but I don't know if one company is better than another. I am shopping for the plastic/delrin style (because metal has a bad rap).

PS - Sorry for hijacking your thread, Steel!

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines

Last edited by speediva; 05-31-2008 at 11:03 PM.
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #4
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

At least your bike wasn't knocked over by a drunk guy at my sisters house and $1800 in damage done to it.

Let my brother in law borrow my bike while his R6 was down for maintanence and they threw a party... a new comer got smashed on Jaeger Bombs and knocked over my Triumph over into the R6 and the right side of the bike got worked by the R6's left foot peg. Rear fairing, seat cowl, exhaust and a dent in the tank were the damages.

They're paying for it all though... but Triumph doesn't like to stock parts up so I have to special order the crap.

Ah welll... shit happens.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
Steel
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediva
Glad the bike was relatively unharmed. Just know that broken levers can be SHARP -
Yeah, already took a file to the end. Nice and smooth. And my pinky likes to slip off now, ah well.

I want to get some frame sliders as well. I think Motosliders and T-Rex sliders are the most popular for our bikes. Check out sv-portal, lotsa info there.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:04 AM   #6
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

As long as you don't go around with that pinky in the air asking other riders/drivers for some grey poupon, you'll be all right!

A friend of mine let his son take his bike ('06 Yamaha V-star) for a little ride and barely 3 blocks from the house, a cager puled out in front of him. He layed it down, destroying the whole right side of the bike. Broke the windshield, footboard, right saddle bag and lower exhaust pipe. The cager fled the scene! Luckily, his son was ok, a little road rash, but nothing major. We organized a few of us riders together this weekend, cruised the neighborhoods near his house and found the car. The police are being less that cooperative, as no eye witnesses have stepped forward. How hard is it to identify a rusted out late 80's Ford Taurus, green with a white front clip and a blue left front fender. We live in a GM town, so I highly doubt there is more than one of these cars in our area.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #7
Steel
AF Fanatic

Ouch, that sucks the big nut. As a whole, people are douchenozzles.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:53 AM   #8
72chevelleOhio
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel
I dropped my bike
Hmmmm.....

Thats what I think happened...... I could be wrong.....

72chevelleOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #9
coppersv1000s
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel
Yeah, already took a file to the end. Nice and smooth. And my pinky likes to slip off now, ah well.

I want to get some frame sliders as well. I think Motosliders and T-Rex sliders are the most popular for our bikes. Check out sv-portal, lotsa info there.
man i have not been on here in awhile. i am always at the aboved mention site. Steel what is your user id on sv-portal.com? i am gonzo05
coppersv1000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
Set to Go
AF Newbie

EVERYONE drops their bike at some time, even if they won't admit it! Mostly doing dumb things like yakking in the driveway, or forgetting to put down the kickstand, or driving off with the steering locked. . . (the last two wasn't me).
Set to Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #11
jeffcoslacker
Lactose the Intolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Set to Go View Post
EVERYONE drops their bike at some time, even if they won't admit it! Mostly doing dumb things like yakking in the driveway, or forgetting to put down the kickstand, or driving off with the steering locked. . . (the last two wasn't me).
Saw a guy try to take off fast with a disc lock in place once...that was pretty funny...

...empty gun rack.
jeffcoslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:31 AM   #12
t_arnold
AF Newbie

I'm glad you ant the SV were unhurt. I can't agree with you more about the fairings. My old KZ750 doesn't have them. I could have opted to have the GPZ fairing put on it, but I didn't. I think the street fighter look has always been cool. All of my bikes, except for my Yamaha XS1100 have been sans bodywork. Call me old, but I like the old bikes with no bodywork.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #13
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

I like all bikes, but there is something cool about naked/semi-naked standard/sport bikes. I like all the mechanical bits in their well-engineered glory going about their business for all to see. If I could convince the wife I needed 2 bikes, there would be one (most likely an SV as they are sweet!) sitting next to my Fatboy.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes