Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
mafiosi
AF Newbie

Please advise

I need an advice.
I live in Calgary and I am driving 2004 4Runner SR5 my company leased for my work-related and personal use 3 years ago. In a couple of weeks my 3-year term would be over and my company will be leasing a new car for me, so I ve to tell them what car I want them to order. If I go with 2008 model, the company is willing to cover a lease cost of $38,000. Everything on a top of this would be my own money but I am ready to throw 5-6 grand to get a really nice SUV.

I like truck-based SUVs, so I am thinking about getting Pathfinder or 4Runner which I both like. I got some price quotes with the corporate discount form the dealers:
2008 Pathfinder SE V6 with Premium and Leather packages - $42,800 (MSRP - $49,000)
2008 4Runner SR5 V6 Sport package - pricing is not yet available but based on 2007 it would be also around $43,000 (MSRP - $47,500)

With Pathfinder I think I am getting more for the buck:big display, back camera, leather seats, Bose sound system and, generally, more room inside.
With Toyota I am getting superior quality, reliability, resale value and, supposedly better drive train (I am not sure about it).

I don't care about gas mieage and expenses, cause my company covers everything including gas, service, repairs (such as broken windshield or tires), even car wash! So I only pay taxes.

What important is that in three years I will be buying out the car at $10,700 and then selling it. So which car should I order, 4Runner or Pathfinder? Which one of them will be a better sale in 2010?
By the way, how much you think can I get for my 2004 4Runner now? It's a basic SR5 V6 (no sun-roof, no leather) and it has 80,000 km.

Thanks!
mafiosi is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A