Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 05:48 PM   #1
supersturk96
AF Newbie

1999 Chevy Blazer display and 4WD issues

Display:

My PRND321 and odometer display will work sometimes and then it doesn't. It just goes out and there's nothing on the display. I don't think it's a fuse, so my best guess is that it's a bad electrical connection. What is the issue with this and how can it be fixed?

4WD:

My 2-HI and 4-LO buttons work fine. However, the 4HI button sticks and causes the whole thing to go haywire. What is the issue with this and how can it be fixed?
supersturk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:14 PM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: 1999 Chevy Blazer display and 4WD issues

Welcome Aboard!

The range switch on the outside of the transmission is the prime suspect. The problem could be the switch itself or the connector. Be aware that the connector in this vintage used a viscous sealant compound to help keep moisture out of the connections. It is not unlike hot melt glue. Warming the connector with a hair dryer or heat gun on low heat will help soften the sealant and allow easier disconnection. Without softening the sealant it can be almost impossible to remove the connector without breaking something.

Coincidentally, I just wandered past Tomah from the northwoods yesterday instead of fighting the traffic today. I'm sure you know how that can be.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer