Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:13 PM   #1
farmerjohn1324
AF Newbie

What's the cheapest way to get a Lamborghini?

Would it be cheapest to find one that was salvaged and try to repair it?

Would the cheapest option be to find one that someone is selling used? If so, where do you suggest that I look?
farmerjohn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:36 AM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: What's the cheapest way to get a Lamborghini?

I would not recommend the idea you speak of unless you have a spare million dollars, and if you do, why not just get a brand new Lamborghini? Parts for exotic supercars are incredibly expensive, especially if you get one they don't make anymore. I've seen Italian supercars up for sale online and in car trader magazines for as little as $20000 but you don't want one. With a car like that, if it even runs it would be nothing but a headache and restoring it would cost you a small fortune.
A long time ago, on the original UK version of Top Gear, the hosts were given a challenge to find supercars with a budget of just £10000 (about $15-20k US) you may be planning on spending a little more but it doesn't get much better. Anyway, the quote in my signature comes from that film. All of those problems were occurring in a Lamborghini Uraco. One of those in good shape would be a beautiful thing, but it would cost you. On a budget it would probably give you more problems than pleasure. To really get a sense of what I'm talking about I'll give you the link to the cheap supercar challenge. First, you'll laugh your ass off, then you may reconsider this cheap exotic supercar idea. My suggestion: look for a Corvette instead. They're crazy fast, the parts are less expensive, and believe it or not, they're more reliable.

Anyway, here's that link. It's divided into 4 short videos, I would recommend watching the whole thing:
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL168DCC3AFDE3C046
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.

Last edited by MikeCStig; 02-04-2016 at 02:20 AM.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:39 AM   #3
farmerjohn1324
AF Newbie

Re: What's the cheapest way to get a Lamborghini?

But I don't want a Corvette, I want a Lamborghini.

So if the salvage idea is no good... is the cheapest way to buy a used one?

Are there any other better sources than cars.com, autotrader.com, etc?

Where would YOU buy a used Lamborghini if you wanted to get one?
farmerjohn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)