Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
Aztekmom
AF Newbie

Cool 2006 Aveo (Screw Size) Headlight Casing

OK I am really hoping on some help here. My son tried to be a help and began to change my headlights to brighter lights and when doing so, his ADHD self lost a screw. I have no idea what size screw to get to replace this but I can not put the rubber thing back on to keep out moister until I figure this out. Best I can describe it is ... There is a small metal bracket there after you remove the rubber piece and in google directions it says to try to avoid removing this metal bracket, but of course he didn't read that beforehand. It is a very tiny screw and the metal bracket actually rest upon that screw and then you put the rubber casing back on. Can anyone please tell me what size screw this might be???? I have Googled! You will save a child LOL
Aztekmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Aztekmom
AF Newbie

Re: 2006 Aveo (Screw Size) Headlight Casing

Here is a Picture and what I am reading in Google to do. Had he followed this he would have never removed the screw the bracket was resting on ... But he didn't.

Directions: The light bulb just sits in it's place, held down by a metal clip. To remove the clip simply push down on the tab (He removed the screw instead), indicated by the arrow, and move it to the side, so that when you lift off the clip the spring does not catch on it's anchor tab.

Swing the clip out of the way and you can pull the bulb straight out. When installing the bulb make sure that the three tabs around the base of the bulb sit in their indents and the base sits perfectly flat. Lay the clip down over the back of the bulb, push down the tab and slide it over so that when you release the tab the tip will catch on the anchor. Once you are sure that the bulb is straight and secure put the rubber boot back on.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
Aztekmom
AF Newbie

This is the best Picture I can come up with on the clamp and the screw it is resting on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screw Size.jpg (16.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-31-2014, 09:38 AM   #4
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

Why dont you just carefully remove one of the others to see what size it is? Probably a simple pan head,sheet metal screw will do.
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
Aztekmom
AF Newbie

Red face Re: 2006 Aveo (Screw Size) Headlight Casing

Thank you Delta for replying. I tried to get the other one off and I can't get it to unscrew. I took it to Autozone for help but they were really busy and couldn't help at the time. I am going to go to Homedepot and see if I can't find what it is your having me look at. You wouldn't by chance know the size or length by guessing would you?
Old 05-31-2014, 08:23 PM   #6
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

I can't see the attachment any longer but it wasn't much help if I remember anyway. If'n I were to guess from others I've run across in the past I'd say... probably a #6 x 1/2", pan head, sheet metal screw oughta do it. Though don't hold me to it. I'd try to get another one out to be sure.
Just be sure not to handle the glass capsule of the bulb with your hands. Any oils,sweat,whatever on your fingers will short live the bulb or maybe even cause it to shatter as soon as the lights are turned on. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to DeltaP For This Useful Post:
Aztekmom (06-01-2014)
Old 05-31-2014, 09:01 PM   #7
Aztekmom
AF Newbie

Thanks for the tip I sure hope he didn't already do that . Headed there now, anything is worth a shot, thank you so much for the help! Will let you know if it worked.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #8
Aztekmom
AF Newbie

DeltaP ... Thank you so very much it worked perfectly the screw fit in nice and snug!
Old 06-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #9
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

Thank you for follwing up and letting us know how it worked out. That's what makes these forums work.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo