Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 12:18 AM   #16
94BUICKRMLMTD
AF Newbie

Re: Roadmaster Repair Info for Window Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by '97ventureowner
The part number for the rollers which I quoted above:
should still be a good number. Do you have any other Chevy or Buick dealers in the area you can try? Since it's too late at night(or too early in the morning for some) to call my dealer's parts dept to see if that number is good or has been superseded, I'll try in the morning and post back ( when I log back onto this site)what I find out to help you. Funny, those are the same windows I had problems with on my car.
Thanks for the quick reply!

No other Chevy/Buick dealers close by, just the one in town (I live out in the middle of corn and bean fields (lol)

However, I did go back to gmpartsdirect.com and took out the "-" from the part number you provided and it worked.

They are currently $2.92 each if anyone was interested.
--
Mike
94BUICKRMLMTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:46 AM   #17
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94BUICKRMLMTD
Thanks for the quick reply!

No other Chevy/Buick dealers close by, just the one in town (I live out in the middle of corn and bean fields (lol)

However, I did go back to gmpartsdirect.com and took out the "-" from the part number you provided and it worked.

They are currently $2.92 each if anyone was interested.
--
Mike
BUY THEM! LOL. I called my guy at the Chevy parts dept. and he told me he had one left in stock but had something like 290 sitting in his warehouse in Philadelphia (that serves many dealers on the East Coast)that he could get me within a day or two. Oh and the price has gone up since I last did one of those they are now $4.93 each. It's a good thing I bought extras for the window I didn't do yet, seeing as it's working fine...for now. I keep the extras in their baggie stored in the glove box for when the time comes I'll need them & know where they are If anybody plans on keeping their RM for a long time, this might be a "good investment" to buy in advance to beat any future price increases, or better yet any shortages in supplies that might arise. I hope if GM ever discontinues this part, and you know they will at some point in time, an aftermarket company will come in and produce them as they not only fit the RM, but the Caprices and Impala SS's as well. And there are plenty of these cars still kickin' around and should be for many years.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:36 PM   #18
94BUICKRMLMTD
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Roadmaster Repair Info for Window Problems

I ended up driving to another dealership and ordered 2 packs (10 total) of the nylon window roller Bearings and 1 packs (20 total) of the door panel retainers . Total price was $ 37.46 after state sales tax.

The part numbers are:

GM P/N: 10161510 - Plastic Door Panel Fasteners (20 Pack)
GM P/N: 9666748 - Nylon Window Roller Bearing (5 Pack)

I was going to order from GM partsdirect.com. but after shipping I would have paid $ 3.00 more for the order (I guess I'm a cheap scate )

If the weather is nice this Sunday, I'm going to install them. If I can rember I'll try to snap a few photos of the insides of the door and what not and post them.

Thanks again for the information, you guys saved me a few hundred $$$$$!

--
Mike

Last edited by 94BUICKRMLMTD; 08-16-2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Added information that I forgot to post.
94BUICKRMLMTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #19
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94BUICKRMLMTD
I ended up driving to another dealership and ordered 2 packs (10 total) of the nylon window roller Bearings and 1 packs (20 total) of the door panel retainers . Total price was $ 37.46 after state sales tax.

I was going to order from GM partsdirect.com. but after shipping I would have paid $ 3.00 more for the order (I guess I'm a cheap scate )

If the weather is nice this Sunday, I'm going to install them. If I can rember I'll try to snap a few photos of the insides of the door and what not and post them.

Thanks again for the information, you guys saved me a few hundred $$$$$!

--
Mike
Excellent. We can use any pics in this thread to help other members through the "ordeal" of replacing the rollers.
That's one thing you got to watch about online ordering- the shipping charges. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy from your local sources, plus you are helping your areas' economy at the same time.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
Old 10-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #20
Squirrelee
AF Newbie

Hello all - first time poster.

I also wanted to thank the board (and the ImpalaSS forums) for posting these instructions and part numbers to everyone's benefit.

I wanted to point out that, for some reason, each of my 1995 Roadmaster doors have an additional screw at the bottom holding each door panel on. This appears to be a factory installation and not some type of hatchet job. There is a small hole in the carpeted section of each map holder through which you can use a philip's head screwdriver to remove the offending screw. It took a little head scratching when a gentle pull wouldn't get that last "plastic retainer" out The suggestion for a 2-3 inch C-clamp was right on the money and made the job easy, as I was unable to use any of the plyers / clamps I had on hand to much benefit. I replaced both the front and rear slider on the driver's rear door, and the C-clamp was able to do both just fine. A little tighter job for the front slider, but it fits inside the smaller inspection hole with room to spare.

Also, for those in the middle of nowhere but have a NAPA supplier nearby, the NAPA part number for the 9666748 rollers is 6651723. My local GM dealer was still slightly (a few pennies) cheaper, but there's the info if it's needed.

Thanks again - I hope to learn more around here!
Squirrelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:42 PM   #21
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelee
Also, for those in the middle of nowhere but have a NAPA supplier nearby, the NAPA part number for the 9666748 rollers is 6651723. My local GM dealer was still slightly (a few pennies) cheaper, but there's the info if it's needed.

Thanks again - I hope to learn more around here!
That's good info to know in case GM ever decides to stop selling the parts through their dealer network.

" A Good Thing To Know"
Old 07-27-2020, 05:38 PM   #22
BigBuickRoady
AF Newbie

Hi, I have a'91 with the same roller issue on 3 windows.

The part number 966-6748 comes up as discontinued on the GM sure provided. If anyone else can recommend a part number, it would be much appreciated.
BigBuickRoady is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster