Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > A4 | S4 | RS4 | A5 > '94 - '01
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 03:27 AM   #1
jellyfish1234
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Online Programming for Audi Power Steering System

Online Programming for Power Steering System

Hello everyone, I got a Audi A4L and did some online programming for its power steering system. Well, I can do this on my own cause I have plenty of experience in DIY cars. I will share steps below and if you have the tool and interest, you can use below as reference.

I carried out this program process to turn off the indicator at the same time I used OBD scanner found DTC: B200049.

I used a Topdon Artipad to do the programming. You always need to choose the correct car make first, in this case, Audi, then choose [online functions]-[online programming]. Tap OK to scan the full system, when the full list shows, choose [Power Steering System]. It would ask you to download the needed files. After download done, we will need rather long time for programming.

There will be prompt tells you to ignition off for 30s and clear the DTCs. After clearing DTCs, the display show ECU info both before and after programming.

VW data set number/ECU data container number and VW data set version number are empty after programming, so we need to do online configuration, go back to the online function menu and choose online configuration. Tap OK and choose power steering system, and it would take many time. And again, prompt tells you to ignition off for 30s and clear the DTCs. Till now, the indicator is off, whole programming is done.

I don’t have many screenshot because I didn’t use English when did the programming, but I think my description is quite clear.
jellyfish1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
audi , eps , program , steer , steering
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > A4 | S4 | RS4 | A5 > '94 - '01