Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #31
windstarchris
AF Newbie

Re: Windstar NO REAR LIGHTS

I had this same problem. No rear lights at all. No dome lights and locks would try to work on first try and then just click. I thought for sure fuses,relays, or that blasted REM. Turns out though that its was two plugs that go into the back of the (cabin) fuse box. They were corroded (from moisture I guess) and I had to buy a new fuse box and adapters. I did a junkyard fuse box and adapters though because as with all dealer parts it was a MUCH cheaper route. Hope this helps. Be well.
windstarchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #32
abdulraouf
AF Newbie

I have the same problem now , what can do to rectify? when bring 12v directly from battary to any bulb it is working , which means no grounding problem.
abdulraouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:22 AM   #33
windstarchris
AF Newbie

I would pull the cabin fuse box by drivers left foot and check the plugs in the back. Be careful getting them out, they can be a real pain, and just make sure they are not green and corroded looking. If that all looks good I would suspect the rear control module which is located behind jack in rear right hand side of vehicle. If you have same symptoms as me I would think you'll find your problems in fuse box. Mine was (if I remember correctly) the bottom 2 plugs, one on left and one on right, smaller then the other plugs. Be well and good luck.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #34
windstarchris
AF Newbie

Your in Ohio I see. If your fuse box is bad I would check these guys out. I got fuse box and plugs from them.
J & J Auto Wrecking Inc

8558 Black Diamond Road
Marshallville, OH
Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #35
fastvideo
AF Newbie

Finally figured it out.
Switched system power relay drive on pin 4 of Connector C343 of REM missing.
Connector C343 pin 3 battery feed (+) was missing. Open wire somewhere between the front to the back REM.
Jump 12V from rear rear cigarette jack to connector C343 pin 3.
It is working now.
fastvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #36
tjvjr
AF Newbie

I have a 98 , does it have the Rear Electronic Module ? I cant find it behind the jack......
tjvjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #37
fastvideo
AF Newbie

It is behind the foam cover
fastvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #38
tjvjr
AF Newbie

I have looked extensively for it. I read elsewhere that some 98s don't have it. Mine was made 2/1998 . Dark Green Wire coming into brake switch has voltage , Light green wire has Voltage going out when switch is made. All fuses and relays are good. I'm not sure what to do next......Thanks for any and all help.
tjvjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #39
Hodginsroad
AF Newbie

Old thread but I am having the same issues. No tail lights, brake lights, interior lights, signal lights in the back. Front signal, headlights etc are fine. From reading other articles I have checked fuse #11 which has power at least on one side and the fuse is good but fuses #1, 7 and 8 for sure do not have power. I picked up an REM at the wreckers changed it out but that didn't fix it. I read where the REM needs 12V to get everything going but I don't know exactly which wire this should be (color/location). This is a 2003 Windstar I'm trying to fix. Is there a wiring diagram for the central control junction box and REM. I would like to know which wire should have 12V leaving the CJB so I can see if it is getting to the REM.
Bill
Hodginsroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #40
Hodginsroad
AF Newbie

Just checked the back of the inside fuse block. Does anyone know which wire is the power ground? I believe it is the large black wire on the top grey connector at the back. I think it goes O R R/GY Space B If the black wire is the ground, then I have no continuity to ground (it's open). I could trace it out but I think it goes into the engine compartment and I really don't want to tear that apart. If it is the power ground, can I splice a new wire onto this and form a new ground? Could be the answer.
Hodginsroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #41
Windstorminmad
AF Newbie

I have the same symptoms. However, the Pass side sliding door switch was destroyed.. looked like someone hit it when getting something out of the back seat. I figured that might have something to do with it since it is part of the circuit so I head out to pick a part-two actually-, and out of the 10 or so Vans we searched to get this switch, not one of them had a switch like ours. All the Vans had 4 button switches----all of them!. The one on this jewel has 6. What the Heck is going on?
But yeah, jumping power to Fuse 8 worked until about an hour or two after. Any solutions? Wiring Diagrams still available to be sent to me?
Windstorminmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:01 PM   #42
scubacat
AF Enthusiast

What do you mean by 4-button/6-button switch on the passenger sliding door? I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.
scubacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:30 PM   #43
blkdeath75
AF Newbie

Same thing is happening on my 01 Windstar now at 150k miles. Going to buy a tester today and check that fuses are getting power. I had already replaced the REM module for $65 from a local parts place, it has the same exact model number as the old and either it was a bad REM or theres a problem somewhere else. Checked all the fuses and swapped relays under the dash, nothing worked. Now I have to test em all. NOTE: I did NOT try jumping to the #8 fuse as mentioned above, maybe if all else fails. I will check back and post what happens.
blkdeath75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:21 AM   #44
richez
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdeath75 View Post
Same thing is happening on my 01 Windstar now at 150k miles. Going to buy a tester today and check that fuses are getting power. I had already replaced the REM module for $65 from a local parts place, it has the same exact model number as the old and either it was a bad REM or theres a problem somewhere else. Checked all the fuses and swapped relays under the dash, nothing worked. Now I have to test em all. NOTE: I did NOT try jumping to the #8 fuse as mentioned above, maybe if all else fails. I will check back and post what happens.
Have you had any success fixing your electrical issue. I have a 2001 Windstar with the same problem. Thanks.
richez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #45
blkdeath75
AF Newbie

No luck yet although I haven't really gotten in there as I don't have a garage to work in and it is winter time in Milwaukee. I did however check my dash and engine fuse boxes and all fuses are getting power. I did buy an extra relay to check those next, but I am coming close to thinking I have a loose ground wire somewhere as the problem was at first every once and awhile before it failed completely. Soon as it warms a bit I will strip the interior carpet and look for my loose wire. I will post back anything I find.
blkdeath75 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar