Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mini > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 08:26 PM   #1
rubberman
AF Regular

Thoughts on 2008-2011 Minis

Thinking about getting a Mini somewhere between a 2008-2011 model. Probably a regular cooper or maybe cooper S. Not interested in a clubman or anything. Anything to look out for, or check for? Seems prices are kinda high for one with low miles even for a 2009 model then around $9000 for high miles. I hear about high maintenance costs and the tranny issue. Thoughts? Thanks

2004 Chevy Trailblazer EXT

Keep on Keeping on...
rubberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:09 AM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: Thoughts on 2008-2011 Minis

I will say that I've always liked the Mini Cooper S. The regular one is ok, but the S model is really cool because you get 180 hp in a car the size of a shoe and the weight of a feather. At the same time, the fuel economy is pretty damn good. The Mini and the Fiat 500 Abarth are the only subcompact cars I've ever considered as cars I might actually buy if the price is right.
The issue of high maintenance and repair costs on a Mini doesn't surprise me at all, since the company is part of BMW. However, they do have a reputation for being pretty solid and reliable. The transmission issue isn't one I've heard of, but to be fair, I've only ever looked at manual transmission models. If there's an issue with the automatics, I wouldn't know just because I've always overlooked them.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mini > General Discussion