Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > F-Body Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F-Body Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
Founding Father
AF Newbie

Question Starting/stalling issue (2000 Firebird)

Hey all! First time posting here.

While driving the other day at about 45MPH, the engine cut off and the power steering went out. I got it parked, and tried to scan the OBDII, but my scanner didn't register that I had plugged it in, even though the scanner works on every other car I try it in.

After messing with it and waiting for a tow for a few hours, the car started up and I drove it home, during which it acted normally. I then drove it to work the next day, and all was well. However, it wouldn't start up when I was trying to leave work, where it still sits. When I try to start the car, all the electical comes on, I hear the starter going, the belts move, etc., but it never gets going.

Other things which may be of interest - I have noticed that my 12V plug-ins aren't giving power, though I don't know how long that has been the case. I still can't get my scanner to recognize that I've plugged it in.

My best guesses are either the fuel pump or an electical issue affecting the fuel pump? Any ideas?

On Monday I plan to check fuel pressure, check and switch all fuses, and to then look at the spark plugs, but other than that I am in the dark. Thanks!

- Justin
Founding Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: Starting/stalling issue (2000 Firebird)

OK, so it cranks but doesn't start?

Which engine?

Any codes set?

Will it start if you spray carb cleaner into the intake?

Do you have spark? Fuel pressure? Injector pulse?
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote