Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Solara
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 09:47 AM   #1
smittyflys
AF Newbie

Unhappy Throttle hesitation

I took our 04 Solara in for a throttle hesitation problem. There is a noticeable hesitation when you are first accelerating. The shop says it is a common complaint that Toyota has not addressed yet. The trouble is that it's a "drive by wire" throttle. Not a cable connected to the gas peddle, but the computer interprets your foot and then activates the throttle. Toyota has introduced a metered acceleration from dead stop so that the tires will not break traction (spin out). I say their settings are too conservative! When I'm shooting a gap in traffic I expect to go when I step on the gas!

Other models are also drive by wire and have similar complaints. Please complain to your dealer if you feel the same way.
smittyflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 07:35 AM   #2
phreakdout
AF Newbie

Re: Throttle hesitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyflys
I took our 04 Solara in for a throttle hesitation problem. There is a noticeable hesitation when you are first accelerating. The shop says it is a common complaint that Toyota has not addressed yet. The trouble is that it's a "drive by wire" throttle. Not a cable connected to the gas peddle, but the computer interprets your foot and then activates the throttle. Toyota has introduced a metered acceleration from dead stop so that the tires will not break traction (spin out). I say their settings are too conservative! When I'm shooting a gap in traffic I expect to go when I step on the gas!

Other models are also drive by wire and have similar complaints. Please complain to your dealer if you feel the same way.
Toyota released a TSB to reflash the ECM for the transmission. Just call the dealer and describe the issue. Reference TSB006-05

I had it done and it works great.

2004 Solara V-6 SE-Sport
TRD Springs, Ft Strut Bar, Exhaust
Injen Polished Intake
Mike T's Upper and Lower Grille combo
phreakdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:27 AM   #3
plmerideth
AF Newbie

Re: Throttle hesitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyflys

I just had the TSP applied (based on this thread) and it also worked great in my Solara. There is a definite difference.

Thanks for the post.
plmerideth is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Solara