Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 08:10 PM   #1
1965fastback
AF Newbie

Installing new gauges in 1965 mustang

I have installed new gauges (purchased on ebay) and the temp, oil pressure, and fuel all read very high. Are all of my senders unmatched to the gauges (they are all stock) or is there supposed to be a voltage reduction to the gauge panel? I do not know the brand of the gauges (and yes I am an idiot).
1965fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:29 PM   #2
pissboy
AF Enthusiast

your sending units are fine unless they are bad. what do you mean replaced gauges are they aftermarket that you put in your self exp. mounted on the steering wheel. or did you replace the ones in your gauge cluster in the dash? if its in the dash check your circuit laminat where they connect.
pissboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:35 AM   #3
1965fastback
AF Newbie

Re: Installing new gauges in 1965 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissboy
your sending units are fine unless they are bad. what do you mean replaced gauges are they aftermarket that you put in your self exp. mounted on the steering wheel. or did you replace the ones in your gauge cluster in the dash? if its in the dash check your circuit laminat where they connect.
It is an aftermarket bezel in the dash with new gauges. I used a professionally built wiring harness designed for these gauges. The shop that I consult with is telling me that the resistance in the stock sending units is wrong for the gauges and that they all need to be replaced with "matching" senders for those gauges. I could maybee see the oil or temp but the fuel sender sounds a bit fishy.
1965fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
pissboy
AF Enthusiast

thats wierd never heard that before. if a gauge needs a special sender it would come with it, you would think. maybe the guys you talked to could tell you what senders to use or an idea at least.
pissboy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical