Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Members Project Cars
Members Project Cars View the various project buildups of the AF members in our community.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 06:25 AM   #1
powerwindows83
AF Newbie

old 4x4 sedans: were they a thing?

I've always had a thing for old, boxy, 4-wheeled monuments to american excess, such as the Cadillac Eldorado and the Lincoln Town Car, but I'm also into drivetrains that run all fours instead of just one axle. An hour of googling things provided nothing but rear wheel drive barges and the AMC Eagle. The Eagle is pretty close to what I'm picturing, but they're far too rare for me to afford and maintain one. The Town Cars, Crown Vics, Cadillacs, etc. that I saw were all sedan bodies welded to f150 chassis, thus destroying the stock appearance... My question is if anyone knows if an old land barge with factory 4wd exists, because once again google has let me down in the automotive realm.

Thanks all!

(I don't own this car, it's just an example image)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 78 town car.jpg (40.1 KB, 1 views)
powerwindows83 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Members Project Cars