Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 02:42 AM   #1
D771
AF Newbie

Gauges 02 chevy silverado 4.8

Can you add or replace oil and temp gauges on a 02 chevy, 4.8ltr, adding mechanical gauges, my temp and oil gauge is off , the stock gauges are reading a bit high
D771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:48 AM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: Gauges 02 chevy silverado 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by D771 View Post
Can you add or replace oil and temp gauges on a 02 chevy, 4.8ltr, adding mechanical gauges, my temp and oil gauge is off , the stock gauges are reading a bit high
first what are they reading ? next use a scan tool for verification. dash panel can be sent out to be modified to your satisfaction . many electronic shops do have this available[internet], also repairs of the stepper motor[s] that indicate speed/rpm/oil/volts etc...and panel lights/color etc..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:44 AM   #3
D771
AF Newbie

The oil is reading over70 pounds, 60 pounds on scanner, temp is reading over 210 and scanner says 209, I was wondering if I can add mechanical gauges to this year and motor, it's a work Truck so I'm not to worried about stock gauges other than the wrong readings, I check fluids and maintain the truck as if was still new
D771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:53 AM   #4
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
The oil is reading over70 pounds, 60 pounds on scanner, temp is reading over 210 and scanner says 209, I was wondering if I can add mechanical gauges to this year and motor, it's a work Truck so I'm not to worried about stock gauges other than the wrong readings, I check fluids and maintain the truck as if was still new
the only issue I see is the oil dash reading is 10 PSI over normal ,,,. @IDLE 40PSI, @2K RPM 60PSI, this is @210 DEG F. The T stat is 195 deg F. so 210 F is about right on a hot day. you can purchase a scan gauge for $200 .. this is designed for use to be mounted on the dash . this tool when you program it will read all the available sensor outputs including the transmission fluid temp. IT also will show your MPG . I programed this tool for my toyota and the 2000 silverado . works very good very accurate. The toyota has NO tranny dip stick so this tool indicates the fluid temp and at the correct temp I then check the fluid level . I used this tool on road trips and it does work great .. do not use conventional oil in your engine. 5-30wt synthetic dexos GM approved oil ..
Old 04-21-2017, 10:28 AM   #5
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
your picky about this type stuff buy this https://www.scangauge.com/products/scangauge-ii/

good for many vehicles old/new

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado