Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Astra/Astra Coupe/Kadett
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
marko18
AF Newbie

Unhappy vibration noise going up hill.

hello. can anyone help with this problem? i got a astra 2002 sxi modal and the problem is that when i go up hill slowly in 2nd gear and put my foot down to get up the hill i get a vibration noise from the engine area!! checked the oil level and is ok. i dont know if it is the rear engine roll restrictor mounting breaking up??? has anyone else had this problem??
cheers
marko18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
jd_975
AF Newbie

Re: vibration noise going up hill.

Hi mate check the exhaust manifold heat shield is secure, the small bolts holding it down are steel and the shield is alloy so they have a tendancy to rot away around where the securing bolts are, if it`s that then it`s simply a case of removing the bolt and fitting a larger washer, if not check the flexible joint in the front pipe and failing that you need to be looking for insecure pipes i.e. coolant hoses, air con pipes, fuel pipes and brake pipes also the mounting points for the air filter housing break off, there should be a 30 torx holding the bracket at the back down make sure that is tight, the bracket attaches to the filter box by two rubber gromets that should have two plastic pegs from the air box through them, they need to be in place and have movement but not be too loose and at the front bottom of the air box there is another plastic peg which should have a rubber insulator fitting into and guide on the inner wing, make sure that is in place, hope this helps.

John.
jd_975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
marko18
AF Newbie

Smile Re: vibration noise going up hill.

hi john, thanks for your help, today i had a look at the fault and removed the air box, i found that the mountings was broken so replaced them and road tested. Problem solved cheers
from mark
marko18 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Astra/Astra Coupe/Kadett